Summer Transfers

Out of interest what is it with Monaco players that people think they will be moving. Great place to live, pay well and don't need the money. Or am I missing something??

Out of interest what is it with Monaco players that people think they will be moving. Great place to live, pay well and don't need the money. Or am I missing something??
More money, more trophies etc.

They've sold plenty of players in recent years.

They get paid well, but the difference is staggering. I remember reading Bernardo Silva is paid like 100k a month at Monaco, he'd get paid that in a week here.

Because we played them recently so our squad next season will be shit without them.

They get paid well, but the difference is staggering. I remember reading Bernardo Silva is paid like 100k a month at Monaco, he'd get paid that in a week here.
Monaco's ambitions are not the same anymore. The Russian billionaire who bought them, initially had planned to follow City and PSG model. Thats why Falcao and Moutinho are there. But their owner lost about half of his wealth in some court case I think. Monaco are now Porto, Benfica type club. Scout young stars and sell them on for big cash.

Monaco's ambitions are not the same anymore. The Russian billionaire who bought them, initially had planned to follow City and PSG model. Thats why Falcao and Moutinho are there. But their owner lost about half of his wealth in some court case I think. Monaco are now Porto, Benfica type club. Scout young stars and sell them on for big cash.

£2.6 billion divorce settlement.

No, no no. This is completely false. He tried to do the PSG route but saw he was too late with FFP, so they changed tactics to the buy young model they have now. Their ambitions are exactly the same, they are just going about it a different (and IMO much better) way than PSG.

And he did not lose half his money in a divorce. He didn't even lose £2.6m.

He offered her about $900m, she won the divorce and he was ordered to pay her $4.6m (this is where the rumours of losing half come from) but he successfully appealed and in the end she got only $500m - less than he offered her on day 1.

As of now, he's still got about $9 Billion, far more than the likes of Abramovic and more than enough to take the PSG approach to football ownership if he wanted to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.