Champions League Games 7/8 March

A mate of one of the lads I was at the match with last night had a tenner on Barca to win 5-1. Bet he's pissed off this morning

Whatever the arguments for/against the game being bent (for me the pens were correct, yes the second one soft but definitely falls into the seen em given category), it makes for an incredible story. So I'm following it on BBC text updates and 21:49 was met with "Shades of Manchester United v Bayern in the famous Champions League final of 1999.

HOW EXACTLY

I just sighed, switched off me phone and went to bed. Why is this shit rammed in everywhere. At what point does the text editors attention drain from an incredible comeback to dreamy reminiscence of that balmy night in Barcelona. Its not exactly unheard of for a team to turnaround a one goal deficit late in a game, its is unheard of for a team to win 6-1 in the knockout stages of the champions league and in doing so turnaround a 4 goal deficit, bent or not it is proper roy of the rovers stuff. Keep yer Rag comments to the thursday night cup text BBC FFS.

Right, the first penalty was at best soft, and the second a dive, what about PSG penalty claim re Mascherano? Compare the 2 pens given, and the one not, yesterday, with Aguero's not given and a booking for diving, lol
, and the one given by the statue behind the goal against Monaco. Now if you can keep a straight face, tell me everything is above board, and in no way , were UEFA "keen" for Barcelona to go through, and just "possibly" let the referee know beforehand

It should also be a lesson regarding possession. If you give Barcelona 70% of the ball, they will create a lot of chances and you need a LOT of luck - for them not to score.

Keeping Neymar on the pitch certainly helped.
2 dives that both warranted a booking and then a petulant violent kick out when losing the ball should have seen him walk but it's Barca and they constantly get away with stuff others wouldn't.
This competition is bent as fuck

Just watched the Barca match back because unfortunately I was at our match last night so couldn't watch it live. Doesn't sit well with me at all. Think Barca were just cheating bastards. Not convinced the first pen was a pen, looked to me like Neymar changed direction to make sure that he could "trip" over the defender's head and the second pen was a joke. Suarez got booked for diving then won a pen by diving and then dived again to try and win another pen. Neymar should have been booked for diving too. Kind of shit that would happen to the rags, a ref completely caving and gifting them an "incredible" victory where nobody seems to notice (or maybe I should say the media chooses to ignore) that the other team have been completely robbed.

Barca definitely got the rub of the green last night, 3 goals from 2 penalties and a free kick that were dives that we certainly never would have been given. That said PSG have no excuses.

During the season that the dippers ‘won’ the league, if you so much as looked at Suarez in the penalty area he fell over. He did it two or three times on Boxing Day at the Etihad, I remember it clearly. Couldn't stand him for it.
That said, I dislike PSG pretty intensely, mainly because of their ‘fans’ (millions of arrogant plastics who've never so much as set foot inside the Parc des Princes, remind you of anyone?) so I'm chortling this morning. I think the competition probably is bent, there's so much money and wordlwide coverage involved now compared to old European Cup, the stakes are just too high.
Most of you won't be able to see it unfortunately, but there's a cartoon in this morning's Équipe that is unbelievably cruel, and which had me literally rolling around laughing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.