Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not passing final judgement on him, just saying he needs to show considerably more than he has done. You might have a point with the coached by Guardiola thing tbf, my biggest problem with him is his in game decision making, he's far too happy running down blind alleys when there's a pass on or trying to play balls that won't be successful more than one time in a million. There's definitely something there in pace and technique, just a complete and abject lack of end product.
Yeah he does seem a little raw that's why he needs a good coach asap maybe he hasn't handled the move that well either he's a young lad. I'm sure our club would have tried to make sure he was well looked after but we could have done a better job of it ourselves than trusting that to Deportivo, maybe even keep him till Jan since it's his first move to Europe coach him and make sure he's prepared on and off the pitch before loaning him out. It depends really, sure he needs the game time but training with our squad and being guided by Pep for several months wouldn't have done him that much harm for me and we aren't using Navas so even from our own perspective it might have been better to hold onto him, he could have surprised us in the cup games and forced Pep to give him more game time.

Anyway back on topic. It would be nice but I don't see us signing Mbappé this summer.

Last edited:
Think it was just that lad from the BBC, whose name escapes me at the moment, but who thought Paulinho was a better player than Dinho and a lot of other people based their opinion on his.

Tim Vickery. People on here really can't let that one go. His record is pretty good over the years. I think it's fair to say he knows what he's talking about.

Moreno and Mbappe are apples and oranges.

I would love to sign this kid,i think he's going to be awesome.
He is. Too bad we will not get him. Hopefully we are in line for the next one.
Yeah he does seem a little raw that's why he needs a good coach asap maybe he hasn't handled the move that well either he's a young lad. I'm sure our club would have tried to make sure he was well looked after but we could have done a better job of it ourselves than trusting that to Deportivo, maybe even keep him till Jan since it's his first move to Europe coach him and make sure he's prepared on and off the pitch before loaning him out. It depends really, sure he needs the game time but training with our squad and being guided by Pep for several months wouldn't have done him that much harm for me and we aren't using Navas so even from our own perspective it might have been better to hold onto him, he could have surprised us in the cup games and forced Pep to give him more game time.

Anyway back on topic. It would be nice but I don't see us signing Mbappé this summer.
Or any summer for that matter

Tim Vickery. People on here really can't let that one go. His record is pretty good over the years. I think it's fair to say he knows what he's talking about.
I'm pretty sure it wont have been just him putting his kneck on the line for one player(he'll be very aware of what the other experts are saying, that's probably what caught his attention in the first place), maybe there's the fact that there aren't many English speaking South American football experts to go around(certainly not that we hear from), we aren't the experts so we'll just have to reserve judgement for now but I hope nobody is silly enough to be writing him off already is all I wanted to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.