Would you have died happy with the FA Cup win in 2011?

Much as I understand what you are saying it is a no from me. I think football is a process and I enjoy the journey too much even when we are not succesful.

Has to be the agueroooooo moment for me. After we handed it to the bastards on a plate, then snatched it back. The bedlam that followed, the pitch invasion, the 34 years countdown, the trophy, the ecstacy, the young this! chaps' astonishment, the drive back to, through and around town and all the way home. Walking in to the local rag pub to meet the beautiful Mrs This! and almost wishing I'd watched it there instead just to wipe that smug, patronising three decades of hatred look off their faces. The vermin on Monday morning in the office... then and only then I could have died really rather happy...

I never really thought I'd see us win anything. Thought we might blag a league cup win like some of the smaller clubs like Boro and Leicester did but never believed it would happen.

Then the take over happened, which was not long after my mum passed away, I just wish she had hung on a bit longer to see it, on her death bed she said to me that we'd come again, how right she was. I cried at Wembley and at the QPR game, mainly thinking of her and how happy she'd have been, and that her boy finally got to see us win something other than promotion. The FA cup was special as it was my first one, and to agree with the OP I'd have been happy with that, QPR was special because it laid so many ghosts to rest beating that lot, that way.

Some great posts on here, goosebumps on the metro at the moment on my way for a day of racing, beer and City in town.

The sun is shining good day to be a blue.

That QPR game dude. Nothing will ever top that.

Teams can fluke a cup. Get easy runs(cough Arsenal every year). But we took on the rags in full flight and absolutely had our crowning moment at their expense. They'll never, ever recover dignity from that day.

I think the semi final against the rags was the biggest one for me. Nothing however will make up for just falling short against Spurs in 81, the last time a fairly traditional City team got close to winning something.

Once money became the biggest factor in success and the take over happened it simply became inevitable that we would become a team for whom winning silverware would be inevitable and infact expected and will become slightly taken for granted. The manner of the final day against QPR made it very special indeed.

Unlike many I think the Champions League is the pinnacle. Until we win that those twats will always have that to throw. Once City win that I will be satisfied.

Has to be the agueroooooo moment for me. After we handed it to the bastards on a plate, then snatched it back. The bedlam that followed, the pitch invasion, the 34 years countdown, the trophy, the ecstacy, the young this! chaps' astonishment, the drive back to, through and around town and all the way home. Walking in to the local rag pub to meet the beautiful Mrs This! and almost wishing I'd watched it there instead just to wipe that smug, patronising three decades of hatred look off their faces. The vermin on Monday morning in the office... then and only then I could have died really rather happy...
Beautiful.

The league title win for me , was at the final on my own as couldn't get wife and daughter tickets but we were all together for the qpr game. Then the party in town after and the next day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.