Monaco - Post Match thread.

Why does Guardiola not bring on subs earlier? Very, very rarely does he bring on a sub before 70mins no matter how poorly we are playing.

Well I suppose I can afford a long weekend in London for Wembley now that I don't have to save for any more CL matches!

As like the team he was a frightened rabbit tonight.

We are usually very good at defending set pieces but it's was just one of them games.
The real issue was the inability to take our chances. Sadly it's been a familiar story this season.
That said, an FA Cup semi final to look forward to and the knowledge that the deadwood will soon be gone out of this side is more than enough to get excited about.
So who will replace the deadwood? We spent last summer failing to land our big targets and didn't appear to try for anybody in January even though the defence was dodgy.
It's one thing getting rid but we have to replace them.

Usual over the top bollox again when we lose. Loved City in the 70's 80;s 90's 00,s 10,s love them today and love them tomorrow. Monaco deserve credit great young side we will be much improved in the next few years. Onwards and upwards

I understand that we are in transition but surely we could be smarter about it all in some games.

I'm not saying I'm glad to go,out like Karen earlier but let's be honest who would we realistically beat over two legs in the quarters. Bayern, Barca, Real, Athletico, Dortmund, I wouldn't fancy our chances against any of them. We aren't good enough that's the brutal truth. I'm as gutted as anyone but realistic to see our quite staggeringly obvious weaknesses.

I'm sorry but playing dinho as the sole holding midfielder was a mistake, a tactical one!

We have played Fernandinho in that role before... Infact he was great at the beginning of the season. In hindsight and with Monday morning quarter backing , then Yaya should have played but I still retain that the set up was alright. It was the players like Fernandinho that did not show up and was poor. They simply did not perform their roles- perhaps the novel scenario of being two goals ahead played in their minds and so they did not know how to handle the situation but by the second half, their goals became clearer and minds clearer as to what they needed to do.

Monaco was great when they have the ball but we were poor without it and even poorer with it- Fernandinho, De Bruyne and even Silva at times. The players did not show up in the first half and played better in the second.

The cup semi is now a monumentally important game, hopefully followed by an even more important final.

8b8762c6ea934c71a932e7853c31a1d2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.