Monaco - Post Match thread.

There seems to be a lot on here that are surprised we lost. I'm gutted but to be honest Monaco were the hungrier side over the two legs and I wasn't a but surprised we let in 3 goals in that game, at that level and even lesser levels that defence isn't good enough. The sooner Pep wakes up to that the better.

I don't know what Pep had in mind, but there are some questions left now:

- Was Yaya injured? If not, he HAD to start - or immediately get on after the 1-2

- Remember the 1st leg? Sagna was poor, Zab came on and the party started. Zab simply HAD to come on tonight, for some spirit!

- Why did Sagna rotate through the defence and we conceded 2 early goals without a right back in position? Wtf? Anybody??

- Why did Pep announce the big attack and 1st half was just the opposite?

Caballero sadly doesn't leave his line to pick any long cross. He has the physicality, but doesn't get out.

Dinho is a defensive holding midfielder, but if responsible for the build-up he fails. Yaya, Silva or KDB have to start attacks.

Pep himself couldn't field a confident and mentally strong TEAM. His fault. Instead of keeping it easy and compact for the players available he made it too complicated.

Pep has been outthought and the players have been outfought. Sadly.
I really didn't expect that. Says something about character in the team I'm afraid.

Great post my friend.

You missed out Zabaleta and Silva, all bought by the previous management structure.

True, but Vinny, Yaya & Aguero were the central spine, who often pulled something out of the bag in the big games.

This team, with those 3 at their peak, would be far & away better than the previous two teams imo. But now, we have to find new ones & a new Zabba too.

Jesus may be the answer up front, but how the fuck we replace Vinny & Yaya & to a lesser extent Zabba, I have no idea. Gundogan is a top player but he's no yaya & I haven't seen a decent cb anywhere.

I'm watching the highlights and on their first goal Aguero and sane were in the fullback position while clichy and Sagna were standing next to each other at the other full back spot, what the fuck was going on there?

In that case Txiki has fucking failed , just like he has done for two fucking seasons .

That's another discussion, but I'd argue without Txiki we wouldn't get Pep.

I can't deny his failure to refresh the squad adequately has been unacceptable, though he has had his hands tied somewhat by the fact no teams want to take our aging, overpaid underperformers that we seek to replace.

Well the sky has fallen
Apparently
The boys weren't up for it today
Lack of intensity was the culprit for me
Can't figure out why
Couldn't crack their midfield trap in the first half and were pinned back
Hats off to Monaco and good luck in the draw
On to the dippers
No time to dally
Welcome to the big leagues Blues
3 huge games in a row
Hopefully these losses temper the young ones
It was a game of two halves. We weren't in it 1st half. They weren't in it 2nd half, and yet they drew the 2nd 1-1. We should have won the tie after getting back to 1-2. can City recover for Liverpool. This was a massive game. Much bigger for the players than Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.