"Official Sleeve Partner"

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I think all of the naysayers are completely missing something here.

Because the Premier League used to be sponsored by Carling, or Barclay's or whoever, every team barring this season always carried a "sleeve sponsorship" - it just so happened they all had the same one.

This season is the first season where no sponsorship appears on the sleeve, as it's the first season the league has not had a sponsor.

So from next season, the PL is allowing each team to have their own "sleeve sponsor" on one sleeve, and keep the clean PL badge on the other.

Every team in the league will have a sleeve sponsor next year I would suspect. The fact that we are the first to announce ours has seemingly upset a few people, but I don't think it's something to worry too much about as all the other clubs will no doubt do the same.

It does look shit though ;-)
Especially since they insist on spelling Tyre as Tire . perhaps they could add a D on when we play like we did in the first half on Wednesday.

With my eyes I'm getting David and Leroy mixed up ! Not sure a badge on their sleeves is gonna ruin the aesthetics

When did everyone get so fucking precious?

If you think stadiums, transfer fees, wages, Academies, etc...are all paid from season tickets, pies and beer, then I have some news for you!

I don't give a shit what is on the shirt (even though I have to say, I DO HATE ETIHAD being our main sponsor considering they are trying to kill my fucking job!) as long as it helps buy, build and develop the best possible Man City team for me to support, watch and win!

Give it a year or two and no-one will care a whit, but they'll enjoy the fact that it helps pay the bills!

I'm old enough to remember these comments when sponsorship was first placed on the front of shirts. And they are much more prominent than a little logo on a sleeve. It's the way football is today. And yes we probably will have a sponsor on the back soon. We won't be the first.

Tena, who make incontinence pads, would be a good one, as many of our fans seem to have a problem with wetting themselves.

Lol. Too true :). What's your take on this PB? As I've already said, I'm delighted sponsors want us now after years of being ignored. It' seems it's going to be the norm in the PL soon so good to lead the way for a change. Just watching Melbourne City & their sponsored sleeves look fine!! I do think we have to move away from the old "small club City" mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.