Liverpool - post match thread.

Clichy and Sagna are beyond shit. Honestly am sick and tired of the referee decisions as well. Sterling incident was as stonewall a penalty as it can get, the ref can see it. Milner should have been off too. Tackle from behind, right through Sterling and preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Instead we get nothing again... and then they get a penalty.
True it wasn't just the penalty, they would have been down to 10 men and the game would probably have been ours with so much time left, same with Luiz against Chelsea, same with Walker against Spurs... deliberately stopping a scoring opportunity is a red card.

Having said that we lost our heads on each of those occasions, today it took us about 20mins at the 50minute mark to recover from them being awarded a penalty which nobody agreed with especially after what happened in the first half. That's a weakness of sorts, a Barca or a Bayern wouldn't start playing pants even if they rarely have to deal with refs being against them.

I thought we should have won because we created more chances that were scoreable but some will say if you miss your chances you get what you deserve so a draw shouldn't be that hard to take.

Last edited:
Have to say thought the players gave their all today. Only missed chances cost us yet again. Love Aguerro but he really is missing too many now. If we can keep playing open attacking football like this and convert half the chances we miss we will be hard to beat. I think wit GJ playing today we would have finished them off. The foundations are being put in place. I think Pep will get us to where we need to be.

Clichy and Sagna are beyond shit. Honestly am sick and tired of the referee decisions as well. Sterling incident was as stonewall a penalty as it can get, the ref can see it. Milner should have been off too. Tackle from behind, right through Sterling and preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Instead we get nothing again... and then they get a penalty.
Dunno who you are bringing Clichy in this, He was brilliant, never loses the ball and kept mane in check. whatever about the penalty or result. I am proud of that team on the pitch and every city fan should be. Sagna is the best and only right back we have, we obviously need to buy in that position.

I get he's proud of his players but proudest day of his life come on!!!

Yeah Aguero scored and I'm ready happy for him for his missed chances we're ridic

perhaps because getting this group pf players to where it is has been the hardest task he has had to face....he has said this much this week that this is his biggest test as a manager....everyone said he wouldn't be able to play his brand of football in the prem league..he has shown them to be wrong (again) against the darlings of the media

what,did you see the match last season at home v Liverpool.as for missing company today or the last 2 seasons ?, stones and otamendi were brilliant today,

Stones and Otamendi BRILLIANT. Well I have heard it all Defensively we are a fookin shambles and have been all season and for the record Aguero has had a fookin shite week

you are purely going off your thoughts

there is absolutely nothing to suggest Pep doesn't trust him......if that was the case nolito or Kelechi would be playing...sane could be playing more central.

The other FACT that you missed out conveniently when saying we would have beat Monaco and pool today if he had scored was the slightly irrupting one of that if we could defend better (esp against Monaco) we would have still won...it works both ways yet some are conveniently choosing to ignore this and not he back of a very decent team performance are choosing to have a go at the guy who without we would have lost

KDB was awful defensively today. (amazing cross for the goal though)..balls passing him in central midfield all game. and giving the ball away numerous times....Sane not tracking back at times....Yaya being poor defensively on a couple of occasions......all of this contributes to us winning/losing a game.....not just a striker missing a goal...

What about Adam Llanna missing an open goal....what about ferna missing a near open net at the back post...Kdb hitting the post........

Well said, and Pep will get at De Bruyne for his poor hold up play, I think Sterling is evolving into a great player with the hold up with his ability to beat a player, De Bruyne needs to work on his conditioning cause he used to be a lot quicker.

Thought Big Willy had another solid game with some key one inn one saves just seems to have improved so much since he came into the team, hope he resigns in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.