Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me i think we need more of an imposing physical presence in midfield we are getting overun to easily these days and though Isco is a lovely technicaly gifted player he wouldnt start over Silva and Spannish Dave has a good few years yet

Not for me i think we need more of an imposing physical presence in midfield we are getting overun to easily these days and though Isco is a lovely technicaly gifted player he wouldnt start over Silva and Spannish Dave has a good few years yet

I think what makes Isco such a great player is his versatility, he's also a little warrior and isn't afraid of getting stuck in. Pair him next to a Fabinho and he'd be class.

I think what makes Isco such a great player is his versatility, he's also a little warrior and isn't afraid of getting stuck in. Pair him next to a Fabinho and he'd be class.
I like him but when we signed Gundogan it pretty much took the last available squad place for a player of that type and given he's not happy at game time at Madrid im not sure he would get much more at City unless of course Pep decides he will lose one of Silva Gundogan or KDB, my guess is that CM will be the focus where we are in a bit of a state with possibly only Ferna staying on out of our current crop of Centre Mids

I like him but when we signed Gundogan it pretty much took the last available squad place for a player of that type and given he's not happy at game time at Madrid im not sure he would get much more at City unless of course Pep decides he will lose one of Silva Gundogan or KDB, my guess is that CM will be the focus where we are in a bit of a state with possibly only Ferna staying on out of our current crop of Centre Mids
The injury to Gundogan really hurt us in the long run, nobody good enough to rotate with Silva or KDB. Although I would have liked to see Pep try something different like he did at Bayern and say play Nacho as one of the two CMs (but obvious more forward so), like he did with Thomas Muller at Bayern. Muller played with Thiago but Thiago obvious had more defensive duties and allowed Muller to play almost like an SS to Lewandowski.

The injury to Gundogan really hurt us in the long run, nobody good enough to rotate with Silva or KDB. Although I would have liked to see Pep try something different like he did at Bayern and say play Nacho as one of the two CMs (but obvious more forward so), like he did with Thomas Muller at Bayern. Muller played with Thiago but Thiago obvious had more defensive duties and allowed Muller to play almost like an SS to Lewandowski.
Diaz will play that role very soon he looks every inch a top class prospect im sure thats shaping Peps thinking and id be very suprised if hes not in the first team squad in the next 12/18 months , hopefully Mafeo and Garcia to really hope they get game time next season

Diaz will play that role very soon he looks every inch a top class prospect im sure thats shaping Peps thinking and id be very suprised if hes not in the first team squad in the next 12/18 months , hopefully Mafeo and Garcia to really hope they get game time next season
Him and Foden can battle for the spot for years as far as I'm concerned. The competition will spur them both on, with possibly both being potential starters. I think Foden needs to earn it fairly though and play U23 next season.

What do you mean right now? We can't do anything right now. Navas? That guy is gone and Roberts is taking his place. You don't want to emulate Everton's ability to get youth straight into premier league games, being given the chance and making a difference? Also Diaz is not stepping into the first 11, he would be a squad rotation player to silva, and make his way to starting 11 when he reaches 20 or so, like Foden.

I mean right now Silva needs someone to rotate with him. He will still need it next year when he is even older. No I don't want to emulate Everton.

Does anyone else hope we don't go for this guy now? I think he will 100% go missing in the big games and he's not the type of player we need.

The only central midfielder we need is a Kante type. We have enough attacking midfielders IMO

Does anyone else hope we don't go for this guy now? I think he will 100% go missing in the big games and he's not the type of player we need.

The only central midfielder we need is a Kante type. We have enough attacking midfielders IMO

You are so so wrong !

Isco is a battler, he doesn't go missing.

Would love him to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.