The metro tonight

TfGM have announced that the direct route from Etihad to/from Altrincham will be restarted once the second city crossing opens in a few weeks time.
Might be useful news for a good number of blues like myself from Sale, Timperley, Altrincham...

That is great news I wondered why they had stopped! It made getting there so much easier as I could get a seat and not move until I was at the stadium, no shoving and pushing and being rammed in like a sardine in a tin at Piccadilly. Going home I always get the bus back into town and make a choice then of metro or train home.

The trams need to run to a set timetable for a start. All this 'tram every 6 minutes ' is a load of bollocks!
If you knew what time trams left certain stops for which destinations, then you could plan your journey much better .
The operators may grumble and say it's too difficult - but they manage to do it with the buses ffs.

If you look at the new TfGM website https://beta.tfgm.com/ it has a live link into the tram displays so you can enter any tram stop and see when the next few trams arrive.

How are people finding the tram since they opened the second city crossing (2CC)?

I've used it for the last two night games and it seems a bit better - only a few minutes longer to get home than driving. Technically the 2CC should allow trams to avoid stacking up around Picc Gardens and allow non match going passengers avoid the crush.

I'd still love to see a line built running Crumpsall - Gateway - Stadium - Ashburys or similar - it would . Probably years off, if ever.

Realy struggling with what's the best way to get to a game and actuley watching a full game over the last few years without it taking me 2 hours or risking life and limb of my 11 year old and myself in that matter to get public transport home.
Been going for 30 years and was happy walking to and from ardwick with a donner chips and curry back in the day , didn't seem so far, now live just outside hide and it's a mare getting to and from the games.
Iv tried a few diftent things over the last few month. I prefer to drive but have to leave early to avoide being stuck on the carpark for over a hour, then feel guilty when I see all the early leaver posts , and raged when rag m8s post pictures of our crowd on 85min
Iv tried ashburys station, cattle market and a bit of a hike for the 11 year old with me, and would'dnt want to do it in this kind of weather, with the one time I did this a bloke falling on to the tracks due to overcrowding, then getting on the wrong train when one eventually came,,
Used the tram to Ashton often but again have to leave early then when one comes the game has finished so over crowded, but lucky enough we at the front so can squeeze on to a over crowded singe unit, with big lads not seeing me little un and standing all over him both on platform and tram (not there fault he is 11 and small )
Thought I'd try a different approach Sunday , stay till the end , take our time , got to tram stop still packed to the rafters so decided not to attempt the tram that was there, with one old bloke cracking another coz he wouldn't let him in the tram, next tram came, platform rammed again and another single unit, squeezed in like cattle,,, fk me a van broke down in the tracks half way to Ashton..
I have a condition which is quite embarrassing where me ear leaks some very umplesrsent smelling stuff from time to time and more so when I'm stressed , so you can emagine the unpleasant smells and embarrassment for myself and those around me when this happens with 2 kids going owe what's that smell? it's like a old mans arse Never again for the metro , but want to stop having to leave early !!! Any suggestions considering the changes coming in next year with on street parking zones

Metro was a absolute joke on Sunday going to Ashton after the game.

Realy struggling with what's the best way to get to a game and actuley watching a full game over the last few years without it taking me 2 hours or risking life and limb of my 11 year old and myself in that matter to get public transport home.
Been going for 30 years and was happy walking to and from ardwick with a donner chips and curry back in the day , didn't seem so far, now live just outside hide and it's a mare getting to and from the games.
Iv tried a few diftent things over the last few month. I prefer to drive but have to leave early to avoide being stuck on the carpark for over a hour, then feel guilty when I see all the early leaver posts , and raged when rag m8s post pictures of our crowd on 85min
Iv tried ashburys station, cattle market and a bit of a hike for the 11 year old with me, and would'dnt want to do it in this kind of weather, with the one time I did this a bloke falling on to the tracks due to overcrowding, then getting on the wrong train when one eventually came,,
Used the tram to Ashton often but again have to leave early then when one comes the game has finished so over crowded, but lucky enough we at the front so can squeeze on to a over crowded singe unit, with big lads not seeing me little un and standing all over him both on platform and tram (not there fault he is 11 and small )
Thought I'd try a different approach Sunday , stay till the end , take our time , got to tram stop still packed to the rafters so decided not to attempt the tram that was there, with one old bloke cracking another coz he wouldn't let him in the tram, next tram came, platform rammed again and another single unit, squeezed in like cattle,,, fk me a van broke down in the tracks half way to Ashton..
I have a condition which is quite embarrassing where me ear leaks some very umplesrsent smelling stuff from time to time and more so when I'm stressed , so you can emagine the unpleasant smells and embarrassment for myself and those around me when this happens with 2 kids going owe what's that smell? it's like a old mans arse Never again for the metro , but want to stop having to leave early !!! Any suggestions considering the changes coming in next year with on street parking zones

Bus an option? Sounds like an alternative car park on Hyde side is what you need.

Have you looked at parking on peoples drives. I've never done it but there are people that let you park on their drives for around £5. You might find one that suits. I got this off google. No idea how it works. Someone might have a better suggestion. https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/etihad-stadium/

How are people finding the tram since they opened the second city crossing (2CC)?

I've used it for the last two night games and it seems a bit better - only a few minutes longer to get home than driving. Technically the 2CC should allow trams to avoid stacking up around Picc Gardens and allow non match going passengers avoid the crush.

I'd still love to see a line built running Crumpsall - Gateway - Stadium - Ashburys or similar - it would . Probably years off, if ever.
Don't know mate. Buses to and from town seem better.

I read that Howard Bernstein suggested that in a decade manchester would have an underground. That is what is required. I'm not sure if it would go all the way out to City. If it happens, it will probably be localised City centre at first.

Don't know mate. Buses to and from town seem better.

I read that Howard Bernstein suggested that in a decade manchester would have an underground. That is what is required. I'm not sure if it would go all the way out to City. If it happens, it will probably be localised City centre at first.

Bit of an aside but has Howard Bernstein ever been seen in the same room as Peter Swales?

Gone are the days when unpleasant smells would send the kids running and give you a bit of space ;-)

Seriously though, I hope you get the transport sorted - nothing worse than leaving early when you don't want/need to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.