Autistic LGBT Rangers

Coincidentally i found out from a friend last night that one of close circle of male friends is gay. I hope it's Dave, he is so cute.

It seems these big corporations which own film studios will only include certain characters to actually raise the profile of the movie/TV show itself, thus increasing the revenue generated.

I didn't even know that there was a Power Rangers film being released until the OP started this thread.

If including a Mixed Race, Epileptic Dwarf would increase their profit margins for the next blockbuster film that the sheeple go along to - I'm sure they would include this character.

Also, certain characters and stories are used to perpetuate the Agendas of the film corporation's owners.
Example would be if say one of us lot owned Fox Studios, we would make the nice leading character to be a city fan, whereas the bad guy would always be wearing a rag shirt.

1) Is this a thread where people disapprove if something doesn't 'look like them'?

And if that's the case, who decides where the boundary is...??

2) It's weird that people have issues about a fantasy film about fantasy super heroes complaining about what's acceptable in that make believe movie...

2) It's weird that people have issues about a fantasy film about fantasy super heroes complaining about what's acceptable in that make believe movie...
My favourite one is these people complaining about a gay moment in that new movie about bestiality.

US Midfielder Sebastian Lletget is banging the Yellow Power Ranger. The perks of playing in LA!

Last edited:
1) Is this a thread where people disapprove if something doesn't 'look like them'?

And if that's the case, who decides where the boundary is...??

I don't disapprove not at all. I made the thread with the wonder why a large majority of the media feel the need to shout it from the rooftop that movies have gay people or people with mental deficiencies in it...

It's almost like they're trying to convince people to go see them for that purpose, and you do get some people who feel morally superior than others for going to see these films for that reason.

I think we live in a age where it doesn't matter what a character looks like, what their sexuality/gender/race is or what mental disorder they have, people really shouldn't care enough to deem it necessary to broadcast it as news worthy.

I don't disapprove not at all. I made the thread with the wonder why a large majority of the media feel the need to shout it from the rooftop that movies have gay people or people with mental deficiencies in it...

It's almost like they're trying to convince people to go see them for that purpose, and you do get some people who feel morally superior than others for going to see these films for that reason.

I think we live in a age where it doesn't matter what a character looks like, what their sexuality/gender/race is or what mental disorder they have, people really shouldn't care enough to deem it necessary to broadcast it as news worthy.
It's mainly because these groups are massively underrepresented in Hollywood films. For example, women make up just a third of speaking roles in films (defined as a character that says one word or more). Ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are also massively underrepresented, especially when you consider the demographics of America, but also California and Los Angeles, where non-Hispanic white people are only 42% of the population, but 73% of film characters are (but more in leading roles). The problem is that for a lot of characters in films, it genuinely doesn't matter what race, gender or sexuality they are, and yet these parts still go to straight white men more often than not. Obviously sexuality is a bit more difficult to judge, because you can't see it, and most minor characters don't actually have a sexuality, but how hard is it to have one or two gay couples in a romantic restaurant scene, for example?

As for why they're shouting about it, well let's just say we all now know there's a new Power Rangers film coming out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.