It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like Dahoud seen this morning that Verratti's agent has more or less put PSG on notice that he wants to leave this summer. If that's the case, I'd pay whatever it took to sign him, even if it means eclipsing what the rags paid for Pogbust.

Verratti is the midfielder I've been hoping we could get for a couple of seasons now.

Never thought it possible unless he demanded to leave.

As much as I like Dahoud seen this morning that Verratti's agent has more or less put PSG on notice that he wants to leave this summer. If that's the case, I'd pay whatever it took to sign him, even if it means eclipsing what the rags paid for Pogbust.

If that's the case then we have to be in for him, every club with the cash will be too though, phenomenal player.

I think Dahoud makes sense even if we go for Veratti though, with the fee that low there's no way you can lose out on him, if he doesn't quite make the grade you could still double your money, easily.

Out of interest pal how do you know what our players are on and what their incentives are based on?

Heard it from someone within the club over a pint a couple of years back. At the time we were trying to get around FFP and what the club did was put almost everyone on the same basic wage of 80K, plus individualised incentives. This is why we saw Nasri, Silva, Kun, Yaya, Kolarov and more signing new deals just after we won our second title under Pellers.

Everyone's basic is that, but incentives are hugely different.

Joe, Vinny, Kun and Yaya were put on an "ambassador" level with other bonuses, which brought them up to around 180-220K depending on a bunch of factors, but the basic was still 80K.

But someone like Bony would have been on the basic, and not making match day squads or hitting figures for goals, assists etc would see him stuck on that.

The press are keen to say our guys are on crazy money and some of them are, as long as they are performing for us. Bony, well we all know he aint in that bracket.

If that's the case then we have to be in for him, every club with the cash will be too though, phenomenal player.

I think Dahoud makes sense even if we go for Veratti though, with the fee that low there's no way you can lose out on him, if he doesn't quite make the grade you could still double your money, easily.

agreed mate. if Dahoud is available for £10m then you buy him as well!

Before this Lukaku chat gets too giddy,just read back at what TH said at the beginning of the thread,it was just a hunch he had,nothing concrete as of yet,although it could turn out to be true,and we are in for him,I think we are better talking about the other possibilities first !!

agreed mate. if Dahoud is available for £10m then you buy him as well!
Not just for the sake of cheapness though we are still at the limit of non homegrown especially if Clichy is replaced with a non home grown.
My guess would be our 17 would be. with a few names thrown in.

Bravo,
new keeper, (Moraes)
new rb (Fabinho)
Kompany
Kolarov
New c.b (Laporte)
New left back (Grimaldo)
Fernandinho
New centre Mid (Dahoud)
De Bruyne
Gundogan
New ATT mId/ centre mid (Isco)
De Bruyne
Silva
Jesus
Sane
Aguero

So it's difficult to get Verrati and Dahoud, just because we can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.