Shooting outside the House of Commons

Sky heli camera seems to show a body under a sheet where the fucker was shot. Fingers crossed

Sadly it has become the norm that this sort of event is expected to happen every now and then. It's heart breaking to see that people going just going about, minding their own business are targets for terrorists. What do they hope to achieve? Has terrorism ever worked?
You need to ask Blair or Bush.

Fundamentally though this is a poor solution. We can build more walls, more bollards and more cameras but they'll just find a way around them too.

The problem is only solved by our actions elsewhere.

I had images of the London in 'Children of Men' as i imagined it. In the minds eye it seemed like something that could easily be there. I am stoned though.

For the short term i can only see huge vehicle restrictions and checking being implemented. Even that would only have a deterrent effect. Long term they would have to invest hugely in public transport methods maybe. Whatever the powers that be will do it will be hard and probably feel unsatisfactory to most.

I would never live in London,never felt happy the few times i had to vist there,i just wouldn't risk it
Lived there through the IRA days f the 80 s and 90 s, when there were devices being found all the tome and looking back it is probably no worse now than it was then but it never stopped me having a great time or worrying about it while I lived there. No more likely to be attacked there than in Manchester today IMO.

Seriously it sounds nasty and seems like the police have responded very quickly and decisively. Used to work just a few yards down the road and often wandered over that way at lunchtime. Got talking to an armed copper by the Houses of Parliament once who turned out to be a Blue. If he was on duty, hope his shooting was better than our strikers.

blimey mate, you get around a bit. where were you working , winding up Big Ben?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.