Shooting outside the House of Commons

I don't agree with all Police being armed but officers should have more access to weapons.

The incident today was dealt with pretty quickly today as there were plenty of armed officers in the area. What would happen if we had a Paris or Tunisia type incident in a smaller town in the UK?

There was a firearms incident a few months ago in my town in Staffordshire with a nutter and his ex wife and it took armed police about 20 minutes to arrive from Stoke or wherever they came from. Regular Police arrived within minutes but could of done nothing had the guy gone on the rampage!

I don't agree with all Police being armed but officers should have more access to weapons.

The incident today was dealt with pretty quickly today as there were plenty of armed officers in the area. What would happen if we had a Paris or Tunisia type incident in a smaller town in the UK?

There was a firearms incident a few months ago in my town in Staffordshire with a nutter and his ex wife and it took armed police about 20 minutes to arrive from Stoke or wherever they came from. Regular Police arrived within minutes but could of done nothing had the guy gone on the rampage!

Thankfully we live in a society where gun crime is rare so im happy that we have armed response at just the right level with obvious targets like today, transport, airports etc covered with a much higher profile.

Mail online now saying there was 2 terrorists yet Met saying sure it was only 1

Surely there had to be two attackers? Earlier on there were reports of 1 black man and 1 white man. There were photos of what appeared to be a dead white man surrounded by the police in Westminster. I'm a bit surprised that the Met said only one attacker.

I agree, not sure i will see deeply islamic countries see their women educated properly any time soon though. I think that would help, simply education and control of their own reproductive systems. I have no idea how to start doing that without imposing with force. Some nations would never even entertain it i think and the amount of force needed to properly quell the populace would be a thing many could not stomach.

Even hardcore christians are an issue more and more now, maybe not the russian skinhead types alone but the gun toting americans who see only black and white/yes and no; who are usually christian to.

It would be nice at least to see real progress in my lifetime but i'm not sure i will by any stretch.

It's one of those Catch 22s.

Iraq is a good example. It had a Shia majority which oppressed the Sunnis, so Saddam and his ilk took over and oppressed the Shia majority, so what did the US do? Appoint the Shia majority who then oppressed the Sunnis leading to the creation of a Sunni rebellion in many of the affiliated groups known as ISIS. Going round and round and round in a circle of violence and toppling regimes doesn't work. If more wars and more violence did work then this would have been solved in the 1990s.

We've got to let democracy take its course and that will mean people who we don't like getting elected. We didn't just turn up one day and get a liberal democracy - we had to scrap and fight for it over many years against tyrants and autocrats at home and abroad. But the journey is what creates value in the system. We have to go through some bad stuff happening in democracies before the good stuff appears, people need to know that "freedom of choice" doesn't mean "freedom of choice that the West says is ok otherwise they'll depose you".

The region can and has been stable in the past and can be again. They can't get there under the rule of totalitarianism though whether that's from those at home or abroad.

A word about the MP who tried to save the policemans life outside the Houses of Parliament,while others were cowering inside,he was giving mouth to mouth resuscitation to the victim outside trying to help as much as he could till the services arrived
Well done sir
You deserve a medal for your courage

Erm...

XLExG3F.jpg

A word about the MP who tried to save the policemans life outside the Houses of Parliament,while others were cowering inside,he was giving mouth to mouth resuscitation to the victim outside trying to help as much as he could till the services arrived
Well done sir

Whilst I agree with your praise for Tobias Ellwood, I think saying other MPs were cowering is harsh. They'd have been following protocol and the instructions of security staff.

Well done sir
They were in lockdown and following a well practised plan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.