Berlin

NZA2MLHOde_XkaVcOo6z-2Rjncn7YSPIR91s42TvrI0smANlcFtgPskBX_Nsy_tQ6bYwpQYxqnQuTovtmz1Z_EQU=w384-h384-nc

Lovely place although it is still recovering from the wall days and as such looks a bit knackered in places... Olympic stadium is a nice visit along with the usual tourist places like Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg gate, the big tower etc..

If you want to go into the Bundestag (Reichstag) and to the roof beware you need to prebook beforehand although it is free. There is a nice restaurant/cafe up there with views of the whole city.

The topography of terror museum was amazing, so powerful. The DDR was really good too especially for kids. We stayed in Neukoln, an area with quite a lot of the Turkish community so amazing kebabs but also lovely bars and restaurants too.

Lots of great things there, just wander around the centre and there's plenty, I went last November, the best thing was the Olympiastadion, watched Hertha beat Gladbach, outstanding stadium, great atmosphere, drinks in the stands, no police, no trouble, cheap tickets etc. plus you can go up to the Olympic memorial apparently before the game (the bit where the stands split) defo worth a visit if you can.

I'm off to Berlin this summer for my 40th. Anyone been before and got any recommendations on things to do, places to visit etc? We're taking the kids with us, so looking more at family things rather than the nightlife side of it (sadly!).

Your only 39 ?! ... thought you was the morpheus of the forum and been around forever.

Watch 'The Lives of Others' then go to the old East German Police HQ.
It's a quick bus journey away and is well worth the effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.