Shooting outside the House of Commons

Make no mistake this is a 100 year war being waged not just in Britain but worldwide.
There are literally hundreds if not thousands of British extreme muslims who would commit similar atrocities given the opportunity and the numbers are increasing each year.
I sometimes wonder if some on here used to work at Rotherham council.
Literally hundreds if not thousands of Muslims are living without access to cars or kitchen knives in the UK? Are you counting toddlers?

Make no mistake this is a 100 year war being waged not just in Britain but worldwide.
The first 'mujahideen' were formed in British-ruled India in the mid-19th century and they were the first group to ally a desire for self-determination with a religious justification. But it was an Egyptian called Hassan al-Banna who founded the Muslim Brotherhood in the late 1920's. This group were probably the first to advocate a political system based on Sharia. that ruled based on traditional Islamic values. That also was a reaction to British Imperial rule. This was developed further by Sayyid Qutb, who put developed the proposition that Muslim society had moved too far towards Western values and that violent action was needed to restore so-called pure Islamic values. It was Qutb, who was executed by Nasser in 1966, who provided the inspiration for Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. The Mujihadeen in Afghanistan were operating along much the same lines as the original Indian group, which was that they were primarily political resistance fighters with a secondary religious tinge. Although there was initially great antipathy towards what the Afghans saw as the Arab religious lunatics, who were actively seeking martyrdom in the cause of religion rather than trying to win a military battle, the two sides eventually moved towards a position where religion became the primary driver for change, based on Qutb's writing. That spawned groups like Al Qaeda, Taliban, Isis, etc.

A lot of the political problems in the Arab world stem from the fall of the Ottoman Empire in 1917 and the competing by Britain and France to establish influence in the region. That led to almost random allocations of land to tribal/political leaders who were deemed to be most reliable or loyal to the British or French in order to create states like Iraq, Jordan, Saudi, Lebanon & Syria. This was regardless of any issues around religion or tribal divisions and, in the absence of strong-men like Saddam or Assad, who were able to keep a lid on these things (often brutally), the region has descended into the political chaos we see today.

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of British extreme muslims who would commit similar atrocities given the opportunity and the numbers are increasing each year. I sometimes wonder if some on here used to work at Rotherham council.
There may well be hundreds of such people, although I'd say in the very low hundreds if we're talking about people actively prepared to carry out such acts. But there's probably as many people who would do the same to mosques or synagogues given the chance.

Modern jihadism started in the 1990s at the earliest. Jihadism conceptually probably started somewhere around the Sudan Conflict in the 1800s.
I'd say probably a bit earlier than that (but the same century) with the Barbary Wars. Incidentally, that conflict is often held as a good contradiction to the view that Western foreign policy is to blame for Islamic terrorism, given that the U.S. at that time was a new nation that didn't even have a foreign policy, wasn't involved in the crusades, etc. Indeed, the envoy of Tripoli met with Thomas Jefferson in London and justified this jihad on the basis that U.S. citizens were 'infidels' - it didn't need western foreign policy for an excuse.

Interestingly, my Kurdish friends would often refer to Mohammad's conquest/the early spread of Islam as 'jihad' (Kurds tend to equate Islam with Arab aggression); again, long before the West entered the picture.

Slight deviation from the topic here, but I thought it interesting nonetheless.

Third victim named as US tourist
Posted at14:10

US tourist Kurt Cochran is named as the third victim of the London terror attack. His wife Melissa has been seriously injured and is in hospital.

They were in London for their 25th wedding anniversary.

Horrible.

Modern jihadism started in the 1990s at the earliest. Jihadism conceptually probably started somewhere around the Sudan Conflict in the 1800s. What are you referring to with 100 years ago?

There's no evidence to back this up.

Turns out that Rotherham council had very little to do with Islamic apology, and instead more to do with poor information sharing and multiagency work - specifically that the CSE team in the area carried really stupid case loads where they couldn't possibly have given any of them proper attention.

I don't know how Rotherham has been tied to Islamic apology; the problem was that the perpetrators were Asian and the council didn't want to inflame racial tensions, not that they were Islamic. Their religions were never brought into it.

And no, I don't believe that thinking that a religion of 2 billion people should be unilaterally condemned makes me somebody who would overlook child sexual abuse. I tend to like blaming people for their actions rather than concepts wherever possible. I'd like to blame Sunni jihadism, I can get behind that.

He/she wasn't specfic however, it could be possible they were referring to a 100 year war as it may go on for 100 years?

The average westerner doesn't look to achieving goals like toppling a government or instituting a dominant religion like those that would perpetrate acts like this in the name of their religion.

To a radical Islamist, if they can achieve their goals in 3-5 years, brilliant! If it takes 50, 100 or 150 years that is fine too as the job will be done.

Again, I can't say that is what the OP meant but the above is a possiblity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.