Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nail on the head mate, not everyone want to set the world on fire and just want to jog along quite happy with their lot, its the whinging and blaming everyone but themselves brigade that gets up my nose.

The issue with jobs is AI, it is advancing so fast. Just 2 years ago process driven stuff like data entry was just about the limit of accounting software. Now with 1 person they have prototype software that learns as it goes and in tests basically made accountants redundant, even on strategic planning and the more complex stuff. This tech is already here, the robots are here, you seen an amazon warehouse recently?

Accountants are at a 95% risk of becoming obsolete with only telemarketing at 99% risk being higher.

This is new, jobs are created and made but AI is different, it creates the jobs and fills them, refines them, restructures them, How it all works is both scary and brilliant at the same time. The jobs at risk are nearly all middle class type jobs to.

Fortunately chemical engineers are at sod all risk so i'm alright jack, fuck the lot of ya's :-D
Nah, you guys are fucked too. You just haven't seen the software yet.

Every job can be automated theoretically. 99% can be done practically. I've spent many years thinking about this and the only one I can come up with that's safe is some sort of animal trainer, and I'm not super convinced about that.

Every job can be automated theoretically. 99% can be done practically. I've spent many years thinking about this and the only one I can come up with that's safe is some sort of animal trainer, and I'm not super convinced about that.

Robotic Big Issue sellers, good idea, i could lie in Rumbelows doorway watching Jeremy Kyle whilst RoboTramp was out making the coin.
The future can't come quick enough for me.

Thanks for that Damo, i needed that boost today :-D eventually it will be obsolete you are correct as it really is just like posh cooking, you just can't eat most of what we make, well that is how i see it.

What about Dentistry, that needs extreme dexterity...fucking hell a robot dentist, i think i just imagined the most scary thing that could possibly ever exist and upset myself haha.

I mean you could say community care but robots have already been around for that aka stair lifts, that seems a very good test area for tech firms tbh, house bui...no they have robots building them now also, christ when you really think about it there is not much is there. I am smiling to myself here as i genuinely can't think of a current job that is safe.

I would say chef to but i saw that robot make lobster bisque and it looked spot on, not that i know to much about lobster bisque.

Thanks for that Damo, i needed that boost today :-D eventually it will be obsolete you are correct as it really is just like posh cooking, you just can't eat most of what we make, well that is how i see it.

What about Dentistry, that needs extreme dexterity...fucking hell a robot dentist, i think i just imagined the most scary thing that could possibly ever exist and upset myself haha.

I mean you could say community care but robots have already been around for that aka stair lifts, that seems a very good test area for tech firms tbh, house bui...no they have robots building them now also, christ when you really think about it there is not much is there. I am smiling to myself here as i genuinely can't think of a current job that is safe.

I would say chef to but i saw that robot make lobster bisque and it looked spot on, not that i know to much about lobster bisque.

Well having browsed around your job, the techies working on the software seem to think that your role will actually adapt into a dual programming/engineering role as you interpret data but your Operators are fucked.

Robots are more accurate than humans when it comes to dexterity already. Here's a robot stitching a grape

Community care is an interesting one actually. You'd think it couldn't be replaced but in fact it just wouldn't be replaced by a single machine, but many of them. One machine for getting in and out of bed, one machine to help dress, one machine to cook, driverless vehicle for hospital visits, etc. Early tests have suggested that people actually feel more comfortable talking to robots than they do humans and would tell them things they'd never tell another person - something a clinic in the US has used to its advantage in diagnosing chronic illnesses. Companionship is obviously different but that's not really a job but instead a feature of a job. We'd solve that problem in other ways.

Robot chefs already exist though they cheat a bit. It isn't actually a robot in the strictest sense with "cooking intelligence" - instead they have got a bunch of masterchefs to cook a meal in a certain space and have motion captured them which can then be replicated by the machine. Of course it has the visual acuity to see ingredients and the like of but it's not strictly cooking, though you get a nice meal at the end so it depends on your definition.

This won't replace chefs because the art is in the error so to speak, but cars didn't replace horses either they just moved them from a transport unit to something that enthusiasts/hobbyists persue. Same with automated cars, they're not going to replace driving, they're just going to make it something people do for fun rather than transport.

Here's the kitchen, they reckon it will be on sale in 2019.

That is interesting about the future of our industry, i think my dad will not be to happy about it hehe.

I can't believe what i just saw, i thought 'ahh that is a person manipulating those clamp things' then it back of to that umm 'thing'. That is amazing, i have no idea we had stuff that sensitive yet. I like the idea of those kind of pod efforts in films now that fix you up. I thought that was pretty much pure scifi stuff.

The kitchen is equally gobsmacking, that is a company promo, as in a company that is actively pushing this now right? This is stuff that makes Back To The Future look shit. An interactive kitchen with a robot that learns what you do should you want it again but cba cooking... why is this not on the major news, it should be.

Community care would be an are i think it could make a big impact quick, not great for those wanting a career in the sector but good for those it helps. I say quick , what i mean is a good open clean slate kind of thing. Agencies are costing the tax payer a lot going of what the news says. Start moving that cash to grants for companies already in a position to do some major stuff fast and then start ups later on maybe? The conditions seem good for this kind of investment for reasons you note and the gov already having a large say as they seem to hold all the cards in this sector compared to others that are fully privatized and easier to be roadblocked by those with other interests. Hopefully it would lead to better 24/7 care and help streamline the service to an acceptable standard for everyone.

Sorry for going a bit off topic but it certainly relates to strategy for post brexit for public health.

When you look at the advances in robotics from people like Boston Dynamics (who I think are now own by Google), I cannot imagine it's going to be more than 20 or 30 years before we see autonomous robots walking down the street and perhaps knocking at your door saying "Amazon delivery for you Sir". I don't know if you've seen the stuff they've been making for military use, but considering this is not sci-fi, it's happening NOW, it's quite frightening really.

When you look at the advances in robotics from people like Boston Dynamics (who I think are now own by Google), I cannot imagine it's going to be more than 20 or 30 years before we see autonomous robots walking down the street and perhaps knocking at your door saying "Amazon delivery for you Sir". I don't know if you've seen the stuff they've been making for military use, but considering this is not sci-fi, it's happening NOW, it's quite frightening really.

I find it terrifying and amazingly awesome but more awesome. the debate around it all will heat up as more job titles see AI replace them. I like the idea of the stock market becoming a fully computerized system maintained by AI. It has never sat will with me the whole top tier banking structure i.e. investment, stocks, hedge funds etc etc. It appeals to human greed to much with little real oversight.

I hope we can have a good detailed thread soon here on it if there is the stomach for it as it is already affecting us so much we just don't see it.

I find it terrifying and amazingly awesome but more awesome. the debate around it all will heat up as more job titles see AI replace them. I like the idea of the stock market becoming a fully computerized system maintained by AI. It has never sat will with me the whole top tier banking structure i.e. investment, stocks, hedge funds etc etc. It appeals to human greed to much with little real oversight.

I hope we can have a good detailed thread soon here on it if there is the stomach for it as it is already affecting us so much we just don't see it.
The kithen thing and the grape thing are fakes though. CGI and careful editing. The Boston Dynamics robots are real and can carry heavy equipment across rough terrain for the US military now. It's inconceivable to me that we won't marry this sort of tech with Alexa sort of tech and have walking talking robots in the community, very soon indeed.

Well having browsed around your job, the techies working on the software seem to think that your role will actually adapt into a dual programming/engineering role as you interpret data but your Operators are fucked.

Robots are more accurate than humans when it comes to dexterity already. Here's a robot stitching a grape

Community care is an interesting one actually. You'd think it couldn't be replaced but in fact it just wouldn't be replaced by a single machine, but many of them. One machine for getting in and out of bed, one machine to help dress, one machine to cook, driverless vehicle for hospital visits, etc. Early tests have suggested that people actually feel more comfortable talking to robots than they do humans and would tell them things they'd never tell another person - something a clinic in the US has used to its advantage in diagnosing chronic illnesses. Companionship is obviously different but that's not really a job but instead a feature of a job. We'd solve that problem in other ways.

Robot chefs already exist though they cheat a bit. It isn't actually a robot in the strictest sense with "cooking intelligence" - instead they have got a bunch of masterchefs to cook a meal in a certain space and have motion captured them which can then be replicated by the machine. Of course it has the visual acuity to see ingredients and the like of but it's not strictly cooking, though you get a nice meal at the end so it depends on your definition.

This won't replace chefs because the art is in the error so to speak, but cars didn't replace horses either they just moved them from a transport unit to something that enthusiasts/hobbyists persue. Same with automated cars, they're not going to replace driving, they're just going to make it something people do for fun rather than transport.

Here's the kitchen, they reckon it will be on sale in 2019.

I went for a blood test yesterday, sat in the chair and the nurse, dressed in a uniform with quite tight trousers and a nice arse opened her legs, faced me and basically straddled me. She put my right arm on a pillow and moved in close, close enough that my right hand was underneath her right breast. she leaned forward to stick the needle in and planted said breast in my open hand. I didn't feel the needle. Now call me old fashioned but no robot can ever ever ever do what she did to me. I am now possibly diabetic but quite frankly dont give a fuck for the next few days.
I know it's got nothing to do with Brexit but I had to tell someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.