31 Years Ago Today Full Members Cup Final At Wembley

I stayed to the end but had to stand up on Special all way back from Wembley. People often slag the tournament off but the final attracted a crowd that was only about 12,000 below the FAC final attendance of 1990. I do find it funny that this will always be on Chelsea's honours board as they won it. It will always remind people that they haven't always been a hugely successful club.

I went on a mini bus from Northenden, remember it being a bit moody in the car parks before the game and when we got back to our van it was very kindly lodged on top of a bollard, luckily no damage done and we all lifted it off and away we went. Haha
We went from woodhouse park the northenden branch where did it go from the spread eagle/church area

Still seems insane that we had to play a Manchester derby just 24 hours before.

Still seems insane that we had to play a Manchester derby just 24 hours before.
The original date (8th Feb) was an issue because Chelsea's opponents Oxford refused to move their game which appeared petty at the time as Chelsea had beaten Oxford in the Southern final. City, Chelsea and Wembley searched for an alternative date and the only one that was workable was 23rd March, the day after City were at OT and Chelsea were at Southampton.

Went to all the Full Monty games that season.
Travelled down on one of Donald Francis's coach, pick up in Sale.
The old bill went on board during the game and cleared the coach of every can or bottle of alcohol. It was stashed away in a van next to our coach, stacks of the stuff confiscated from every coach. No doubt taken home by them all too.....

Went both games, was skint after being on the piss after the Derby, me and my mate bumped into 2 of my dads mates at Piccadilly station who thankfully had a bag full of cans, 'borrowed' some on the train trip down, found an off-licence not far from Wembley with a huge queue outside as all the pubs were shut if i remember right, bought a crate and flogged them to some lads near the back, cash sorted.

Left at 4-1, heard them score again but didn't know we'd got back to 5-4 until taxi driver told us back at piccadilly, got him to drive like mad back to the Edgerton in Crumpsall to catch the end of last orders, thankfully Alf let us in for a couple.

What a weekend!!

Got home from holiday the day before, me and my brother got the train down. Remember it being very moody outside. I was only 15 at the time, but good memories

Went down on a mini bus from Hyde and missed the kick off thanks to our driver not knowing where Wembley was. At least we had plenty of booze as the mini bus was absolutely knackered, no wonder we got it cheap.
One of the lads got in late and missed City's first goal, he then left early at 5-1, all that way and missed 4 goals.

I remember two coaches going from the Hat and Feathers Mason Street just off Rochdale rd,great day and top lads on those coaches,also lots of booze was drunk before the trip and on the way to London.I remember last year someone posted photos from the trip,how do you find them again.

Fucking hell time flies, I stayed to the end with my dad (RIP) and still to this day maintain the referee blew early as we were on the charge.

2 games in 2 days and we still finished the stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.