MCFC documentary on tonight (22/3/17)

Not seen it yet, but downloaded it this morning on Sky On Demand, so will watch later.

cheers.

I can't believe all these years i'd not heard that interview on the pitch side after the final whistle of the last match at Maine Road by that twat Keegan - "i'm so pleased for these people, this place.. where we're going is so much better"!!!! What a twat. He couldn't wait to get out of there, had no feeling for the place. Pity Joe Royle wasn't still there at the time (but with better football obviously!)
Bit harsh on Keegan, I've met him numerous times and always found him to be a real gentleman. He didn't have the same emotional attachment to Maine Road that we did, hardly a crime that.

Bit harsh on Keegan, I've met him numerous times and always found him to be a real gentleman. He didn't have the same emotional attachment to Maine Road that we did, hardly a crime that.

I don't think it;s harsh. Just read Gerard Wiekens interview to know even the players thought he was all about himself. There is not one interview with him that final season where he didn't get in what a dump Maine Road was to him and full of narrow corridors and that he wouldn't have joined us unless we were moving. I think he didn't need to have an emotional attachment to the place to at least show some care and thought to the fans, fans had attachemnt yet our boss was grinning constantly about leaving. All season. Being a gentleman is not the issue, it's about how he was about the ground. He hated it. And wasn't shy of telling everyone, even when everyone else was in the emotional last few months.

Well done Gary James. We can go anywhere.

del-boy-lovely-jubbly.jpg

this time next year we will be champions league winners

It’s down on the TV schedules for tomorrow morning (Saturday 25th) at 11:15 on BT Sport 1.

I completely agree. Keegan was a complete breath of fresh air at City. His promotion campaign was probably my most enjoyable season except for 2012. He was the first person in a position of authority at the club with any ambition and positivity in about 30 years! I remember his first press conference he said that City should be one of the top 5 clubs in the country, people laughed at him then, we were in the 2nd division, now look at us!

I don't think his comments about Maine Rd were in any way meant to be disrespectful, he was just trying to be positive about the new stadium and the opportunities it brought with it. No doubt about it that we would not be in the position we are now if we'd stayed at Maine Rd. As much as I loved the place and often wish we were still there, the Aguero moment would never have been possible if we'd stayed, so it was all worth it. I think that was why Keegan said the new stadium would be so much better - because of the potential opportunities it brought with it.

A genuinely moving half-hour watch. I don't agree with the earlier comments about Quinn. I know very well the snide remarks he sometimes makes about us. Here, I just want to give him credit for being generous in his sentiments about the club.
That Aguero moment, though. It's ridiculous for a full grown man, but it still gives me full-body goose pimples and brings tears to my eyes. There's nothing to be done about it, so I'd just better accept it.

Brilliant portrayal of the way we've planned for long term growth, and still retained our links with the local community.
The only thing lacking was a mention for Meredith, Woosnam, Swift, and Trautmann, and maybe a Club Spokesman who knows which year we beat Stoke in the FA Cup Final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.