City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It really is time to stop obsessing about this. If the rest of the world want to highlight an attendance problem that doesn't exist let them. The facts say that 98.4% of capacity is filled at City, this season which puts us sixth in the PL just behind: Stoke (98.6%), Swansea (98.8%), Rags and Arsenal (99.4%) and West Ham (99.9%). Just for information (because it really doesn't matter, one way or the other), the Dippers are joint 9th (with Bournemouth) on 97.4% and Chelsea 11th, with 97%.

My cousin is 72 and registered disabled. He has chronic pain and breathing difficulties. He has a walking aid. The effort he puts into getting to the matches is unbelievable. He regularly leaves at 70 minutes as the pain becomes too much. Instead of being applauded for his efforts for attending, at almost every game there is usually a sly comment or a shout made towards him when he leaves.
I agree with others on here - we are obsessed with this issue and its ridiculous!

We have the 8th highest league attendance in Europe, that's impressive for such a small club ;)

It really is time to stop obsessing about this. If the rest of the world want to highlight an attendance problem that doesn't exist let them. The facts say that 98.4% of capacity is filled at City, this season which puts us sixth in the PL just behind: Stoke (98.6%), Swansea (98.8%), Rags and Arsenal (99.4%) and West Ham (99.9%). Just for information (because it really doesn't matter, one way or the other), the Dippers are joint 9th (with Bournemouth) on 97.4% and Chelsea 11th, with 97%.

Totally agree. There isn't a "support" problem whatsoever. The club aren't stupid. We've got more fans attending games than ever before on a regular basis so things can't be all that bad. The West Ham thing is interesting considering you see waves of empty seats at their ground every game - far more than at City. Arsenal the same too.

Totally agree. There isn't a "support" problem whatsoever. The club aren't stupid. We've got more fans attending games than ever before on a regular basis so things can't be all that bad. The West Ham thing is interesting considering you see waves of empty seats at their ground every game - far more than at City. Arsenal the same too.
surely you're not suggesting that they manipulate the figures are you, Swales would turn in his grave

Maybe an idea is that the club make 2 different season tickets
1 for the cat A games that you pay full whack and then another for cat b/c games that is heavily subsidised.
This could help the people who cant afford a full season ticket and also they have first dabs on a full season ticket the next season

My cousin is 72 and registered disabled. He has chronic pain and breathing difficulties. He has a walking aid. The effort he puts into getting to the matches is unbelievable. He regularly leaves at 70 minutes as the pain becomes too much. Instead of being applauded for his efforts for attending, at almost every game there is usually a sly comment or a shout made towards him when he leaves.
I agree with others on here - we are obsessed with this issue and its ridiculous!

Those leaving early for medical reasons are understandable, but I would argue they form a very small minority of early leavers overall, and I would disagree about it being an issue. When the full time whistle goes at the Etihad these days, the ground is literally half empty. You get early leavers at all clubs, but my eyes tell me the problem at City is chronic, arguably the worst in the division. It's absolutely embarrassing and it's high time the club got to grips with the primary reason for it, which is traffic chaos on the roads outside the ground and the piss poor numbers of tram services at the end of games

It's being at a minimum of 8 games not missing 3, which is significantly different to what you are suggesting. Given there are S/T available at Munich for just over €100, it's much more likely their fans will pick and choose which games to attend. I think the vast majority of non-attendance at City is more to do with kick off times and the nature of public transport, than to do with people picking and choosing their games.

The situation in Munich is just different.
It is difficult to get single tickets for Bayern matches, too. If you are a member and order tickets for every home match the season at the club you are lucky if you get tickets for 3 or 4 matches - and that includes every opponent. Without season tickets, tickets for away teams, tickets for sponsors etc. there are probably only 20.000 tickets each match available and even the matches against the small teams have 100.000 or more orders. So the ones that are lucky to have a season ticket really hold onto it... - even if your living situation has changed and you cannot attend every match anymore. There is people having season tickets that live in my area - about 350 km away from Munich. And then it is just "normal" that you skip some midweek Bundesliga matches because of work or maybe the match against a minor because of your kid's birthday party.

-----------------

If your success goes on the next 10 to 20 years the situation will change at City, too.

Are people serious moaning about this FFS
Do you actually think there isn't empty seats and early leavers at every single club in the world
The comments about it didn't happen at Maine road are daft as I can remember empty seats and early leavers all the time

It's no more than the power of the rags in the media, ignore it because it's all they have left other than Stockport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.