Summer Transfers

I'd rather Isco over Dahood. If Fabihno is primarily a mid, then Heinrich or Perrerira as the starting RB and Isco over Dahood.

Van Dijk is the CB if we intend on spending top dollar

Striker wise, the question is simply wether Jesus can replicate about 70% of Aguero's production. If he can, the rest of the team will make up the difference. I expect a serious jump in Sterling and Sane productions. Sure I'd hope that Aguero stays

1. I think Fabinho would mainly play the pivot role. And rotate with Fernandinho. And also cover RB. Dahoud/Isco would rotate with Silva/Bruyne/Gundogan.

2. Pep will sign another CB, if not 2. That's for sure. My gut says he wants one left-footed CB alongside Stones.

3. If Jesus get's injured. Who is going to play up front? We need at least 2 players who are comfortable playing up front.

As for Dahoud vs Isco. No idea who i would want. Fabinho and Dahoud seem like certain targets according to report. But Isco also looks like a real possibility. But don't see how it would be possible to fit all 3.

Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Silva + 2 of those 3 would give us perhaps the best midfield depth in the world. In terms of quality.

We would become the new Arsenal with that squad , loads of technical ability but not robust enough to ride the challenges that are presented over a premier league season

We need a grizzled , battle hardened centre back who can play a bit - perhaps Bonucci

We also need more physicality in midfield, we dont need both Dahoud and Isco, replace one of then with someone with a bit more grit

Up front , we cant go into the season with a forward line as young as that, we need some experience , my preference would be a plan B centre forward who is good in the air. We have one of the best crossers of the ball in Europe , it would be a great weapon from the bench if we could bring on a striker who could get on the end of crosses
I agree with your opinion of the need for a backup experiencead striker. Just didn't know who.

I also suggested dropping Dahood an keeping Fabihno in midfield then getting Heinrich/Parreira for right back. But that's more to appease the English based thought process. Our defending will come from group pressing and not individual hardmen. And the idea that Isco and Dahood are incapable is really a perception problem rather than fact.

As for CB, Bonnuci is not what is describe as "grizzled or battle hardened." He is a ball playing CB with experience in the Italian league. If push came to shove Van Dijk is the guy you want. I don't think its a need though.

1. I think Fabinho would mainly play the pivot role. And rotate with Fernandinho. And also cover RB. Dahoud/Isco would rotate with Silva/Bruyne/Gundogan.

2. Pep will sign another CB, if not 2. That's for sure. My gut says he wants one left-footed CB alongside Stones.

3. If Jesus get's injured. Who is going to play up front? We need at least 2 players who are comfortable playing up front.

As for Dahoud vs Isco. No idea who i would want. Fabinho and Dahoud seem like certain targets according to report. But Isco also looks like a real possibility. But don't see how it would be possible to fit all 3.

Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Silva + 2 of those 3 would give us perhaps the best midfield depth in the world. In terms of quality.
I agree with the fear of injury to Jesus worry, and would like an experienced backup striker. Just not sure who.

I think the midfield will be the current 4 plus one of Dahood, Fabihno or Isco. And the only way we even add 2 of those 3 is if. Fabihno is a fullback who can cameo in midfield. Its crowded in midfield. I think Pep would be looking for 4 starters and 2 backups for 3 positions. Dihno and Garcia are the backups. We have 3 starters already and have space for only one more ( at least that's how it looks in my mind). So its Isco o Dahood and not likely both.

462d4ccf2009b8e44608cbc84c9501f2.jpg

Next years squad, considering all the latest transfer rumors.
Ideally, if I had to change something for my own liking, it would be:
1 of Laporte or Kolasinac(considering he comes as a LCB) and,
Bernat as a primary LB (wouldn't mid Gaya, Ghoulam or Grimaldo too)
Would love Dahoud but think it might just be an overkill, plus It would geniunely halt Garcia I think. You never know about Pep though, he loves his midfielders.

73bfe300bc23cfeac522d1450d328868.jpg

I think we will buy and sell many players this summer so this is my wishlist :)

In

Ederson
Lafont
Gaya
Kolasinac(free)
Henrichs
Van Dijk
Sarr(Nice)
Weigl
Alli
Ghezza(free)/ Havertz(BayLeverkusen) (Free)
Coman

Out
Hart
Nasri
Nolito
Denayer
Bravo
Mangala
Delph
Navas

Last edited:
Wonder which player from the German league we will sign this summer that Bayern wanted.

I seem to recall we beat them to De Bruyne & Sane.

I hope we don't sign Bonucci, good player but overrated. Not to mention he's 29. Van Dijk would be brilliant

I hope we don't sign Bonucci, good player but overrated. Not to mention he's 29. Van Dijk would be brilliant

29 is middle aged for a defender and a baby as an Italian.

Bonucci is one of the top 5 defenders in the business as well, a serial winner, leader, and would educate Stones ten-fold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.