It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tolmie's hairdoo

giphy.gif

Summer window is always the same, we have this great expectation of doing loads of early business, get all giddy when we hear about possible bids and then wait whilst we try to unload the deadwood. Get to end of window and end up sending about 5/6 out on loan whilst subsidizing wages. Rinse repeat.

Obviously we have the luxury of the few being out of contract so we can get some early deals in the bag, but what I hope for more than anything is that we've worked hard on the few outgoings that will demand a fee - people like Bony, Mangala, Nasri, Hart etc - if we can shift these early then it puts us in a great position, hopefully Pep's influence means that Txiki will accept lower prices than usual to clear the decks.

It's going to be a fun summer, that's for sure.

Yes, it's the usual tale of two Cities - getting the players is only half the problem, getting players out is the problem. At least there are a lot of contracts expiring this summer...

At least we seem to be talking about full backs for the coming transfer window. Long overdue.

completely agree...totally trust Pep on this one as well..he will want and request the right type of player for us

the targets as suggested by TH (Fabiano and the other lad Henrichs) both look absolute quality for that position and also look like they could adapt to anywhere on the pitch within midfield as well

Last edited:
Summer window is always the same, we have this great expectation of doing loads of early business, get all giddy when we hear about possible bids and then wait whilst we try to unload the deadwood. Get to end of window and end up sending about 5/6 out on loan whilst subsidizing wages. Rinse repeat.

Obviously we have the luxury of the few being out of contract so we can get some early deals in the bag, but what I hope for more than anything is that we've worked hard on the few outgoings that will demand a fee - people like Bony, Mangala, Nasri, Hart etc - if we can shift these early then it puts us in a great position, hopefully Pep's influence means that Txiki will accept lower prices than usual to clear the decks.

It's going to be a fun summer, that's for sure.

The selling part has got to be so harder as are a position is so clear, unless there are 2 or more interested parties we are screwed.

Hart is very sellable to the point the decision will probably be accept less and sell aboard or get more and sell in the UK and we all know how well he'll play against us!

Nasri head butts aside has been great and I can see him going Saville.

Mangala and Bony I think we have a challenge there.

Think its hard for us to sell lots of players, would think its more likely that those out of contract will leave and some players will get a stay of execution
Out:
Willy
Sagna
Zabba
Clichy
Toure
Navas
Delph
Kompany
Fernando
Nolito
Hart
Bony
Nasri
Mangala
Denayer
Probably get about 70-80 million there

In:
Ederson
Fabinho
Bonucci
Henrichs
Rose
Dahoud
Isco
Coman
Thats a solid 220 million at least
Add maffeo, angelino, garcia and roberts to the squad
GK
Ederson, Bravo, Gunn
RB
Fabinho, Maffeo, Henrichs
CB
Bonucci, Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov
LB
Rose, Henrichs, Angelino
DM
Dahoud, Fahinho, Fernandinho, Garcia
AM
KDB, Silva, Isco, Gundogan
Wingers
Sterling Sane Coman Roberts
Strikers
Jesus, Aguero, Kelechi
17 foreigners by my count. Good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.