It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levy will sell, there is a price for all his players. They will try & hang onto Ali & move on players like Rose if price is right. Stones is worth it & Rose is to IMO.

Spurs would take £50m in one lump sum they have a new stadium to pay for

This is a myth. Levy never sells players unless they start creating and / or are nearing the final two years of their contracts and refusing to sign an extension. That is true of the only players that Spurs have sold that they wanted to keep since 2006 - Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale. No other players have left against the club's will.

The last of those players to leave - Bale - did so four years ago, since when Spurs have been steadily improving. They can't match the wages of the wealthiest clubs but, in most other respects right now, they are as good as any club in England. So the best players aren't in such a rush to leave any more, especially since they have complete faith in the manager (who has dramatically improved the vast majority of them). But even if they were to be tempted by the money on offer from elsewhere, Spurs have almost all of them tied to long contracts. Levy can pretty much name his price such that any deal simply wouldn't be worth it to any other club (and we can be quite certain that that is exactly what he would do in such circumstances).

The problem with fullback suggestions is that ours were so weak this season that any decent player would be an upgrade. Yea that includes Rose and Walker. And while they might be considered 2 of the better fullbacks in the league, this doesn't necessarily make them the best fit.

this

im not sure either have the technical ability or brains to play at fullback the way that pep wants

The links to Rose have been there for well over a year now and with us needing a few HG players in the summer I think Rose will definitely be on the list because he will slot straight into the team and improve us.

Rose is arguably the best left back in the league and with him being Premier League proven you know you will be getting some sort of proven guarantee which is vital defensively.

They would, but is he worth £50m? Is he the best LB in the world? Or could we get someone better for less?
Well put. Much better out there. I bet if you threw £50m at juve they'd drive Sandro to Manchester. 50 million for a fucking left back. Ridiculous.

Well put. Much better out there. I bet if you threw £50m at juve they'd drive Sandro to Manchester. 50 million for a fucking left back. Ridiculous.

The only reason Danny Rose would fetch that money, is the ridiculous 'English Tax'.

He is nothing & neither is Bertrand. In comparison to some of the shite we have watched at fullback, he's ok, but if Kolarov had pace,for example, he'd be a whole world better than Danny Rose.

We are talking 50 mil because a bloke can run & kick the ball without falling over too often.

If we have to sign English players, we should try to pick up the future stars imo, not overpay for moderate talents whose main attribute is that they are athletes.

The only reason Danny Rose would fetch that money, is the ridiculous 'English Tax'.

He is nothing & neither is Bertrand. In comparison to some of the shite we have watched at fullback, he's ok, but if Kolarov had pace,for example, he'd be a whole world better than Danny Rose.

We are talking 50 mil because a bloke can run & kick the ball without falling over too often.

If we have to sign English players, we should try to pick up the future stars imo, not overpay for moderate talents whose main attribute is that they are athletes.
I 100% agree. But if it was so easy to get the up and coming ones I guess we'd have done it last season. I wonder if the people involved are so lost in the spending cycle that they can't see any other way.... so I expect big money spending on barely decent English players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.