It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm positive the Government will either relax the procedures to maintain the tax income from Premier League players or just be plain hypocritical and let them in. Makes zero sense to waive the high tax contribution from a small amount of people on the basis of not meeting a criteria that was fine before.
Absolutely as long as the money rolls in the government will be happy.

I honestly think that having been wowed by the signings of Nigel Clough, George Weah and Robbie Fowler over the years City fans were BOOTW when the signings of Robinho, Tevez and Aguero were announced.

and their subsequent impact upon the football we played.

I don't think we'll ever get that level of elation again, not to say we won't be better but, that initial buzz might never be bettered as we can dare I say expect it now as an established top 4 side.

Still never been as happy as the moment I realised we'd have Weah and Wanchope up front. The most exciting single signing we've ever made for me was Anelka, followed by Mario...

The thought of Jesus coming back from injury is almost as exciting as those signings though.

If youre talking about the truly elite players like Messi and Ronaldo it is bloody difficult to buy them and there ain't many of them. If you are talking about players who are pretty much up there playing for elite clubs / considered world class, this would include players like Bravo, Di Maria and Falcao all of whom have come to the premier league and have failed.
Ozil, (Pogba) and Fabregas have been decent but no better than a lot of our signings.
I have no objections to signing elite players but it is still no guarantee.

Eh?

Major implications for British clubs Over 100 players would not be eligible to play currently Kante and Payet would have been some of the bigger names.It would also be more difficult to have British players playing with foreign teams. It would also be less easy to have players on loan with European clubs
correct and also the other teams hardly sold to us their best English players, the league in the long run could be impoverished at the technical level and in this scenario the money from television contracts could fall and that would be a disaster for us

I'm positive the Government will either relax the procedures to maintain the tax income from Premier League players or just be plain hypocritical and let them in. Makes zero sense to waive the high tax contribution from a small amount of people on the basis of not meeting a criteria that was fine before.
I hope you're right

correct and also the other teams hardly sold to us their best English players, the league in the long run could be impoverished at the technical level and in this scenario the money from television contracts could fall and that would be a disaster for us
It would be a similar size disaster for all English clubs, probably less for us given our other sources of funding and academy

It's not correct, in fact, it's as wrong as could possibly be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.