18/19 home and away kits ?

man-city-72-third-ls_1.jpg

Never understood why we had this sash kit as was none of our colours

If I remember correctly (unlikely) its because Malcolm Allison thought that it looked European and big timey. I think Big Mal is where the Red and Black stripes come from too (although I've read we may have worn these in the early 1880's but I suspect that might be incorrect).

Gary James will hopefully clarify.

A combination of the two ultimately led to my favourite contemporary shirt...
ManCity_third_p2.jpg

man-city-72-third-ls_1.jpg

Never understood why we had this sash kit as was none of our colours

We wore the socks that matched that kit as our home socks...

pBj3bBY.png

Also, we've had another kit (bit earlier - 60's I think), with a diagonal stripe – found a black and white photo of it, it was sky and claret stripe if I remember correctly...

Cps0mFi.jpg

This should have white lettering at the back.
It has enough white details so that it easily works even if Etihad is written in navy or black

The sad thing is "Marketing 101" took over and said "dark lettering will show up better on television". But in actuality if we did white lettering (front and back) it would be unique and be just as recognizable - if not more so - and HD television solves this anyway.

this is of MCFCjustsaying facebook page. looks smart?

17796147_10155333385987189_153727384309933509_n.jpg

I'd take that as a third kit tbh, especially after the double decker this year.
If this and the other 2 are true then nike will have actually done a good job for a change

Last edited:
O'd take that as a third kit tbh, especially after the double decker this year.
If this and the other 2 are true then nike will have actually done a good job for a change

I agree mate, the quality of the shirts are still shite but at least they will look nice! lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.