U.S. launch air strikes against Syria

I don't even support intervention but have none of you ever changed your opinion on something over the course of 4 years?

Obama drew a line and ignored it.
Trump has acted and admitted his opinion has changed.

Some are more upset by Trump admitting he has changed his opinion than a) Assad using chemical weapons and b) Obama making empty threats.

Some are more upset by Trump admitting he has changed his opinion than a) Assad using chemical weapons and b) Obama making empty threats.

Bollocks! Assad was known to be using chemical weapons in 2013 when Trump said the Americans should have nothing to do with it, and lead the campaign against "interfering". Nothing new has happened in Syria, chemical weapons have been used for nearly 5 years.

Obama followed the law and took his proposed action to congress, where it was voted down - that's the American government at large stopping the airstrikes and not Obama personally.

And lastly, if i'm upset about anything, it's that people are actually stupid enough to think that Trump has changed, and that this is anything other than a grandiose statement that has little to no effect on Assad or Russia.

Bollocks! Assad was known to be using chemical weapons in 2013 when Trump said the Americans should have nothign to do with it, and lead the campaign against intefering.

Obama folowed the law and took his proposed action to congress, where it was voted down - that's the American government at large stopping the airstrikes and not Obama.

And lastly, if i'm upset about anything, it's that people are actually stupid enough to think that Trump has changed, and that this is anything other than a grandiose statement that has little to no effect on Assad or Russia.

to be fair.. what do you suggest from now .. with Assad using chemical weapons for us and the U.S to do ?

Yep. I can understand this move by Trump.

People will whinge at any decision Trump takes. This in my opinion is the right call. It's a show of strength and will ensure the Assad regime thinks twice moving forward. For Trump personally this is great publicity, with everything surrounding the Russian hackings and the perception that he's too close to Russia he's single handedly shown that he's not in anyone's 'back pocket' and that he'll do what he feels is right (in this case I'm sure everyone will agree it's right to punish the Syrian government, surely?).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.