bowel condition called divertuclar

@ob any update hun ?

Rushed into theatre and 3 keyholes done to try and flush it out, drain fix it. Seemingly my lungs didn't expand to full size or something similar after those so now all efforts getting lungs back to full capacity but looks like lung infection next in list and may be able to do anything (even check on 3 keyhole surgeries already taken place) until get rid if that, yesterday was mainly a game of vicious circle, absolutely horrendous pain, as much morphine and if paracetamol I can get into me, relax and rest for next bout of pain, on n been nil by mouth since Thursday, didn't Wednesday afternoon as felt ill so had nothing to eat or drink since breakfast Wednesday morning

I had it years ago. Biggest thing you can do for yourself is ensure you stay hydrated, avoid "bitty" foods that are hard to digest (seeds and nuts, etc) and make sure that if you have a big dinner (Steak & potatoes, etc.), that you suck down a nice big glass of Metamucil afterwards to keep your insides well "lubed." The swollen pockets that cause the problem tend to collect difficult to digest food matter and this is what can cause the excruciating pain.

Thankfully, I went in early and got it sorted through an immediate change in diet, a couple of gallons of Metamucil over the course of the week and Cipro meds. Sounds like you might have been a bit further along than me, so I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery, ob.

Rushed into theatre and 3 keyholes done to try and flush it out, drain fix it. Seemingly my lungs didn't expand to full size or something similar after those so now all efforts getting lungs back to full capacity but looks like lung infection next in list and may be able to do anything (even check on 3 keyhole surgeries already taken place) until get rid if that, yesterday was mainly a game of vicious circle, absolutely horrendous pain, as much morphine and if paracetamol I can get into me, relax and rest for next bout of pain, on n been nil by mouth since Thursday, didn't Wednesday afternoon as felt ill so had nothing to eat or drink since breakfast Wednesday morning
Sorry you are having such a hard time,i really hope you get through the worst of it soon x

Chin up fella, sounds like you're going through the wringer at the moment, all being well a couple of weeks down the line you will feel much better.

All the very best mate as it appears you are one of the real unlucky ones with a very serious case of it.

Get well soon Blue.

Speedy recovery lad.

Diet, diet, diet.

Take care of yourself with your food choices and you'll hopefully make a full recovery.

Little update, still in hdu, after initial ops seemingly my lungs failed to function properly after them, spent Saturday recovering from lungs issue, oxygen levels in blood critically low, chest infection and couldn't get my temperature stable below 38, have numerous antibiotics, glucose and painrelief. Eventually did all above, got it all working, my bowels moved today and said I might be allowed something light to eat tonight

Just been I informed I have MSRA now, not sure what next step is

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.