City will now attack the south end in the 2nd half

i guess i forgot that the only true proper city fan is of course those in the south stand/singing corner, and the 12 year olds in the 1894 group. I bow to them. In fact i reckon this is just a ploy so that the other 3 stands need not bother turning up at all, this latest blurb from the club shows they only need the south stand, it's a miracle we won the league shooting towards all those fake city fans in the rest of the ground.

Well as a South Stander I'm a little tired of the North Stand winning every single competition going for holidays, signed shirts etc.

I'm struggling to work out if there is a mass Clarkie going on with this thread so I'm going to keep out of it.

Well as a South Stander I'm a little tired of the North Stand winning every single competition going for holidays, signed shirts etc.

spot on. that golf comp the other week for tickets to the open, everyone around us knew it was going to the north stand, and it did magically

Personally I'm disappointed with the change and with the Club for being influenced by a small section of the ground to change a tradition that has served us well. It just felt wrong to be kicking that way in the second half. Understand the concept of kicking towards the singing section, if we're going to stick with this then the onus is on the South Stand to actually sing!

we've kicked that way the second half many times before, you do know that don't you? so how did it feel so wrong to yourself on this one occasion?

spot on. that golf comp the other week for tickets to the open, everyone around us knew it was going to the north stand, and it did magically
No idea what the prize was today for the "random" winner but we were laughing that the stand was N with no scrolling. Maybe a bit of honesty at last!

As I'm here I'll add my two penneth on kicking the wrong way - I don't like change so was a bit apathetic about the idea before the game but I think the atmosphere in the second half even when the game was obviously won was far better than normal, the South Stand and the East Stand / South Stand corner keeping it going and the best bit was it did spread to the rest of the ground. I'm not saying it was only down to the way we were kicking, the guys singing put in a hell of a lot of effort, but it may have helped.

You can bet you're bottom dollar that this new bright shiny idea came from one of our marketing execs who have held extensive research with fans, i.e. an Internet survey.

Makes sense to me and has been obvious for years, if only to stop the away side kicking towards their end in a tense finish. I'm in the north stand now, but was in the south in years gone by and with my eyes I'm guaranteed a half without seeing much whichever way they go, at least now when I leave on 60 minutes I'll get 45 minutes in the good end and only 15 in the far off distant north, result!

Atmosphere wise, apart from the brief return of the Poznan, it was the usual wank standard you'll find at any premier league ground.

No idea what the prize was today for the "random" winner but we were laughing that the stand was N with no scrolling. Maybe a bit of honesty at last!

The winner of the 'horse race' was from the north stand so won the prize for their stand.
I presume the other 3 horses were from each of the other 3 stands but missed that bit

I get it's the family Stand but there's kids elsewhere too. It's every fucking time.

During the 67/68 season we only played the first half towards the platt lane twice and lost both, united 2/1 West Brom 2 nil, always had a superstition ever since about which end they kicked off towards, don't ask me why just stuck with me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.