Syria gas attack all what it seems?

There are plenty of people who are happy to be food fed by the media and not question it, not saying that it's a bad thing as ignorance can be bliss but history has shown that the media can be used to manipulate peoples opinions.

I now take the stance of asking "why am I being told this" rather than taking it all at face value.

It's a balancing act, and it isn't helped with all this false news crap that now all of a sudden appears to have become an acceptable by product.

When you have POTUS publically critising established media outlets such as the BBC then there is a problem.

Assad must be incredibly thick/bitter to have given the order (still breaching agreements if he had them stockpiled) or Syrian Army didn't do it. It's all been too convenient this and the media spin has very quickly taken hold that his regime is coming to an end (not that "it probably will"). A lot of countries that have clearly wanted Assad out for a long time have quickly pounced on the opportunity (inc. us and the US). It may well be that Assad did do it but theres been no evidence presented and it's gone downhill very, very quickly for him when it was previously looking good so I'm 88% in the camp that he didn't do it.

I'm tending to lean this way as well the more I consider it.

Yep. Things dont add up. The actual independent evidence for this is as about forthcoming as the evidence of Russian hacking. The powers that be, faced with a deluge of alternative reporting NOT alternative facts alternative reporting only available because of the internet, specifically YouTube (which I see is starting to squeeze out progressive voices from their add revenue scheme btw) are reverted back to their cynical McCarthyist type. Keep your eyes open!

I now take the stance of asking "why am I being told this" rather than taking it all at face value.

I always look at who stands to gain the most, or who stands to loose the most; both financially and politically. In this case Assad had a pretty big fall. He's isn't the brainless despot he's made out to be by the Western media, so I really can't understand why he would do this as he had absolutely zero to gain from it.

these are quite scary times - the rise of social media, millions of news websites all pushing different agendas - any atrocity can be attributed to different sides - for the majority of people it just becomes a minefield to know what to believe and eventually you end up feeling apathetic to the whole situation to the point where you give up caring :(
Yep. This is exactly what they want. Waters get so muddied every time something like this happens.

Exactly. Can you imagine having said that on a public forum say..... 5 years ago? You would of been called all the names under the sun, tin foil hat this, David icke that. BUT since Blair's lies EVERYTHING has changed. The Boy that cried wolf is the most prescient fable of all time. People now see reporting in a completely different light. Everything is questioned now. The term 'false flag' used to be strictly the preserve of Davis Icke and Alex Jones. Now we have the ex ambassador to Syria using it! And with good reason to do so....... Thanks Tony!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.