Joe Corrigan

By God, he was. I remember one goal, not even Claudio or Willy would let it in. Versus Wiiiiiist Hiiiiiiiim - he booted the ball out, didn't make the halfway line, straight to Ronnie Boyce, I think, and Joe turned round to face his own goal, and Ronnie thumped it back over his head! Far worse than the goals Claudio has let in this season.
the turn around was incredible

Englands Number One

16 seasons at City LEGEND

Awesome keeper big Joe, a true City legend, never forget that save he made against Leeds in the cup in the late 70's point blank header from Alan Clarke, went the wrong way but adjusted mid air and stopped it... Stepney got save of the season though for a tip over the bar...... That agenda thing has been going a lot longer than you think :-)

the turn around was incredible

Englands Number One

16 seasons at City LEGEND
Although I loved big Joe he would only have been Englands number one if Shilton and Clemence weren't around at the time. They were rotating them two at the time, rotating all three would have been ridiculous. I might point out that I wouldn't have swapped him for either but England were blessed for goalies at that time.

Awesome keeper big Joe, a true City legend, never forget that save he made against Leeds in the cup in the late 70's point blank header from Alan Clarke, went the wrong way but adjusted mid air and stopped it... Stepney got save of the season though for a tip over the bar...... That agenda thing has been going a lot longer than you think :-)

By God, he was. I remember one goal, not even Claudio or Willy would let it in. Versus Wiiiiiist Hiiiiiiiim - he booted the ball out, didn't make the halfway line, straight to Ronnie Boyce, I think, and Joe turned round to face his own goal, and Ronnie thumped it back over his head! Far worse than the goals Claudio has let in this season.

Far worse was one of the goals he let in very early in his career.
A trundler of a shot. Against Blackpool springs to mind.
Joe bent down to pick it up.
Ball went straight through his legs and in.

I was there when he made that save against Leeds.
Unbelievable it was.

I know it was his fault, because he should have kept his eye on the ball, but it was a freak goal. I wonder how many times out of a hundred that would have happened.

Incident is around 1 minute 45 seconds.

He was crap, but he really turned it around. Not sure he would have had the time today.

One of my hero's as a kid but his book made him seem bitter about his career, it was ages ago I read it and think from memory the majority of his axe to grind was with England set up and his lack of caps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.