PL to investigate City's academy transfers

Given the principled stance we take on additional agent fees that we won't pay for transfers and that has cost us players like Hazard & Is one, I don't see why we'd queer the pitch with academy players.

Agreed. However as can be seen with the drug testing fiasco, mistakes can be made.

Guess it also depends how often they move the goal posts in order to catch us out!!!!

Yep,i honestly cant think of any that fit the part?

The Liverpool GK lad, Moulden? We took Ryan Corrigan from Everton (16 now but was u14 i think) season before last. Depends on how recent I suppose. We've got a fair few that we signed around 14/15 from other clubs I think.

The Liverpool GK lad, Moulden? We took Ryan Corrigan from Everton (16 now but was u14 i think) season before last. Depends on how recent I suppose. We've got a fair few that we signed around 14/15 from other clubs I think.
Fair point,our definition of 'recent' may be wildly different to that of the FArce.

I'm not sure how much truth is in these latest reports - just before the youth cup final - but in general I'm getting sick and tired of hearing that every investigation by any footballing body, always includes looking into MCFC procedures. This cannot be a coincidence and whilst I'm sure Gill doesn't have the powers some think he has, I do think he drops huge hints on areas that 'should be investigated' I have reached this conclusion because rarely are the scum investigated - or if they are, it's must be hushed up because I can't believe for one moment that they have never offered incentives!!! it also seems to be whenever anything good happens at City that might threaten the 'elite' i.e. getting an owner who is prepared to invest - FFP is introduced big time and 2 clubs - PSG & City - (can't just attack City, it would be too obvious) get huge unprecedented, never to be repeated, fines; City achieve financial security FFP virtually disappears (who has been fined a sum like we were?); our CFA is praised worldwide and attracts all the kids that used to go to the scum - suddenly all academies are being strictly investigated ( I think the Dipper investigation was made public in the hope that they could go for us big time without it looking too obvious); City start to do well in Europe - suddenly the coefficients are worked out differently to favour the scum and other elitist clubs; the whereabouts of our players is suddenly in the press under the malicious doping headlines because some kids' training times were altered (surely must happen at other clubs but not much news on anyone else's transgressions0........and so it goes on.

I really would like the club to come out after this is over and tell us what the Premier League looked at and why - if only to highlight what they have done. If it is routine, why are other clubs 'investigations, not leaked to the press in the same way. Fans need some reassurance that the club is not being singled out. Surely these investigations should be transparent and we, as fans, should be able to ask the Premier League for detailed historic information on which clubs have been investigated over the last 5 years?

Rant over
Good post mate and some very good points ..

The Premier League is investigating three recent academy signings made by Manchester City, examining phone and bank records. [Independent]

No charges have been brought against City, but if found guilty they'd have the chance to agree a sanction, as Liverpool did. [Independent]

More on this story by @JackPittBrooke, including how City have built one of the best academies around. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-transfer-investigation-signing-young-players-fa-youth-cup-final-vs-chelsea-a7687841.html …

Why is this in this thread? It's a separate article on a separate investigation isn't it? Why does everything on Bluemoon have be linked under something else, makes it so hard to follow and comment on recent articles.

The Premier League is investigating three recent academy signings made by Manchester City, examining phone and bank records. [Independent]

No charges have been brought against City, but if found guilty they'd have the chance to agree a sanction, as Liverpool did. [Independent]

More on this story by @JackPittBrooke, including how City have built one of the best academies around. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-transfer-investigation-signing-young-players-fa-youth-cup-final-vs-chelsea-a7687841.html …

Yep another article which is pretty good on complementing the youth teams but is clearly desperate to find fault with our academy.
Let's hope our process compliance documentation is rock solid.
Having talked to a few folks, It should be - but then again, we fecked up the drug testing documentation big style so there is a chance we could be caught out if we have made any mistakes.
If we are, it will not be the trivial punishment that Liverpool got for breaking the rules and then trying to get the parents to lie about it while leaving the kid concerned in the shite.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.