PL to investigate City's academy transfers

John Mann is a Labour back bench MP with similar beliefs as Jeremy Corbyn. In some ways his viewpoints are admirable but in many others they are not. He is from the wing of the party that is stuck in the old beliefs that a worker who gets his hands dirty by digging up coal, shackling up railway wagons or loading up canal barges is worthy of the greater wage, and that those who seek to better themselves, or their children, are somehow traitors to their roots. Doubtless he will retain his seat in the upcoming Brexit election, but his politics of envy have no place today. He could make a start by not instigation 'trouble' at our famed academy, a place where kids who want to make it big in the game and where parents want their offspring to achieve fame and fortune without interference from a jobsworth MP who would probably be unemployable if he ever lost his seat.

John Mann is a Labour back bench MP with similar beliefs as Jeremy Corbyn. In some ways his viewpoints are admirable but in many others they are not. He is from the wing of the party that is stuck in the old beliefs that a worker who gets his hands dirty by digging up coal, shackling up railway wagons or loading up canal barges is worthy of the greater wage, and that those who seek to better themselves, or their children, are somehow traitors to their roots. Doubtless he will retain his seat in the upcoming Brexit election, but his politics of envy have no place today. He could make a start by not instigation 'trouble' at our famed academy, a place where kids who want to make it big in the game and where parents want their offspring to achieve fame and fortune without interference from a jobsworth MP who would probably be unemployable if he ever lost his seat.

Irrespective of political persuasion how many of our MP´s would get a job outside the local council where they seem to serve their apprenticeship these days.
Profit is seen as a Thatcher trick not related to government and budgets are seen as things to spend at all costs rather than a maximum guide to achieve objectives.

Before I moved abroad again, I spent six years as an advisory lawyer in the UK Government. I was responsible for a policy area in which John Mann MP took a fairly deep interest. He wasn't half a pain in the arse and you sometimes got the impression that there was an element of grandstanding for his constituents. But in general I'd say that Parliament would be a better place if more MPs actually put in the kind of effort he does to subject the executive to closer scrutiny, especially in the current climate. Anyway, that's a different debate that I can't be bothered with taking further.

He's tweeted that there's a scandal brewing with football academies and that the Serious Fraud Office is involved. I presume it relates to this Parliamentary question he tabled to the Secretary of State for Education a couple of months ago: http://www.parliament.uk/business/p...nts/written-question/Commons/2017-02-09/63804

In his answer, the Minister of State confirms that: "[The Department] does fund League Football Education and the FA Premier League Limited for delivery of education and training in association with football clubs." If I were to guess, and that's all this is, his issue seems likely to be an allegation that money has been paid to training providers for training provided at an overvalue or for training not provided at all, with the Government's funds then being unlawfully diverted to private parties.

I'd be surprised if City were involved in something like this, given our owners' oft-professed enthusiasm for doing things the "right way". I suppose you never know, though. The Minister's answer contains a couple of links detailing allocations made. I don't have time to look at them now, so I don't know whether there's any information that might interest the odd person among us on here.

James Ducker who'd have thought.
The usual City centric headline when the article clearly states Liverpool are the convicted party. More click bait for the rag masses and sullying our name further.
I think I prefered Raheems trips to Primark!

James Ducker who'd have thought.
The usual City centric headline when the article clearly states Liverpool are the convicted party. More click bait for the rag masses and sullying our name further.
I think I prefered Raheems trips to Primark!
Indeed.

Its solely aimed at the halfwits who wont see further than a headline that is designed to cause us grief,when the reality is......this is a normal procedure that follows Academy signings,and one in which each and every club is subject to.

JDIAC.

The Telegraph has delivered more column inches to our club undergoing standard reviews than Liverpool got for being found out and telling a family to lie to the FA.
Just more confirmation that the FA and other clubs are getting very desperate to halt our progress.

The Telegraph has delivered more column inches to our club undergoing standard reviews than Liverpool got for being found out and telling a family to lie to the FA.
Just more confirmation that the FA and other clubs are getting very desperate to halt our progress.

Mrs Ewing has the DT delivered each morning and I think she is heartily tired of me saying that there is another story about City in the Sports Section, followed by me saying that it's another NEGATIVE one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.