Neil Young

Three albums cover his best output for me
1. Decade
2 Rust Never Sleeps
3. Freedom

I also have a soft spot for This notes for you.

Discovered Neil Young rather late in life. In the last 10 years I have seen him live 20 times and collected over 40 of his albums. No one combines ferocious energy and delicate sensitivity to the same degree. Some great songs and albums suggested by the OP and others in this thread. The more obscure recordings, such as Will To Love can be equally rewarding. Keep on rocking...

I wish he'd get around to releasing the Archives Volume 2. There's loads of unreleased and obscure material from the 1972-1979 period (which Vol 2 will cover) which would be very interesting to hear.

e.g. He recorded 2 albums in this period (arguably his creative peak) which were never released (Home Grown, Chrome Dreams).

Archives Volume 1 was great, especially the Live acoustic albums, but that was released nearly 8 years ago.

Nothing happens quickly with Neil...

I wish he'd get around to releasing the Archives Volume 2. There's loads of unreleased and obscure material from the 1972-1979 period (which Vol 2 will cover) which would be very interesting to hear.

e.g. He recorded 2 albums in this period (arguably his creative peak) which were never released (Home Grown, Chrome Dreams).

Archives Volume 1 was great, especially the Live acoustic albums, but that was released nearly 8 years ago.

Nothing happens quickly with Neil...
I know what you mean regarding Archives but perhaps he was distracted by writing, recording and touring 7 albums in the last 5 years! He has a minor unspecified illness at present so I guess a lull is inevitable.

I've always loved Cortez the Killer, he did it proud in Liverpool a couple of years ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.