Peter Kay's Car Share

Watched episode 2 of series 2 last night and thought it disappointing.
Quite liked the revolving sign outside a car wash: hand and job on opposite sides. You had to be quick to spot it.
Can see why they only did 4 episodes this series.

Series 1 was great, and ep 1 of series 2 decent, last night's was disappointing but I've watched ep 3 & 4 and ep 3 had me roaring, the best so far.

Watched episode 2 of series 2 last night and thought it disappointing.
Quite liked the revolving sign outside a car wash: hand and job on opposite sides. You had to be quick to spot it.
Can see why they only did 4 episodes this series.

Yep the hand job sign and the pub The dog with 2 cocks, were the only funny bits in there.

He wasn't the creator but he has shared writing credits for all 10 episodes.
He took 100 % writing credit for Phoenix Nights despite writing about 25% of it. Thats why they've never made any more.

He has a minimal imput into the writing of Car Share. If he had a bigger influence, it could be greatly improved in my opinion

He took 100 % writing credit for Phoenix Nights despite writing about 25% of it. Thats why they've never made any more.

He has a minimal imput into the writing of Car Share. If he had a bigger influence, it could be greatly improved in my opinion
Sorry, but that's not right either. He shares writing credits for Phoenix Nights equally with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice.

I liked the second series. The interplay between the two was very good and I enjoyed the slapstick. Lord Varys as the 'blue woman' was a comedy tour de force. As was the monkey on the back seat spitting out wearthers. Suspect we will see a third series.

That speaks more volumes of you and your taste than mine, you on chuckle brothers re runs tonight?

Sorry for debating on a forum, to be fair I was just trying to find how that would make anyone laugh and as no one can provide an answer I will just presume it's because people are simple.
Mate, if you don't think a monkey sitting peacefully with a seat belt and a pair of pink sunglasses on whilst pissing on the driver isn't funny then that is your prerogative. Please leave the rest of us to enjoy it for what it was - good slapstick comedy.

Mate, if you don't think a monkey sitting peacefully with a seat belt and a pair of pink sunglasses on whilst pissing on the driver isn't funny then that is your prerogative. Please leave the rest of us to enjoy it for what it was - good slapstick comedy.

It's just tastes isn't it. I like my comedies to be relatable and what I enjoy most, Royle Family, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights these are funny as a lot of it is what we go through in every day life. A monkey (which never would of got out of the safari, let alone drive miles away on a roof with no one watching) having a piss in a car then no I don't find it funny. As I see on here some do and fair enough.

The idea is great, as someone who commutes into the city centre every day it could of been comedy gold - the cyclist scene was very funny. Instead they went down the dumb it down route of monkeys in cars, panning out to clips of them singing day dreaming instead which for me was a shame. The woman he gave a lift home to from the staff party was brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.