Thinking outside the box

Life is a race?

Is it being first in the race, or richest, that equals "winner?"

Or, is it getting to the end of your life knowing you have raised high quality, kind, generous and compassionate children or had an equivalent effect on the lives of others, that is the benchmark of having lived a good life?

What is YOUR savings accumulation threshold for "so much we should confiscate it"? Does that include a home you lived in your entire life and want to pass on to your children? What about a family farm? Would you cancel all trusts and estate planning mechanisms designed to thwart the long arm of government?

No agenda, and not trying to set you up for a response, just interested in your views.

The race thing was an analogy. Why tolerate an unearned head start. Money = comfort and I was trying to point out that money should be earned. The bigger picture is that labour (human/animal sweat and blood) still creates the value money has, so hoarding/buying yachts etc devalues that.

My threshold? I dunno, a million, 2 million? tops? that seems generous. But yeah, nepotism in and of itself is a bigotry (sad but true)

The race thing was an analogy. Why tolerate an unearned head start. Money = comfort and I was trying to point out that money should be earned. The bigger picture is that labour (human/animal sweat and blood) still creates the value money has, so hoarding/buying yachts etc devalues that.

My threshold? I dunno, a million, 2 million? tops? that seems generous. But yeah, nepotism in and of itself is a bigotry (sad but true)
Thank you for sharing your ideas. I don't share all your views on this issue, but I find them interesting.

I still have many, many questions, but will adhere to what I said, and look forward to the views of others on this thread.

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I don't share all your views on this issue, but I find them interesting.

I still have many, many questions, but will adhere to what I said, and look forward to the views of others on this thread.

No bother brother. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do :) Don't think I've said anything radical. 'A sucker born every minute' would be buried under my idea. but I guess everyone has their own idea of fairness. Utilitarianism is, I think, the global ethic (something most people agree with, if reasoned with) so it's just a matter of understanding what constitutes waste.

Most truckers are good drivers IMO, but the ones that indicate about 3 times then barge out bullying other drivers piss me off. And yes, many idiotic selfish car drivers out there.

But that wasn't your original point blue. You(words to affect of) stated there was fuck all on the road in the night. I was on the M6 at 2am recently and it was like a scene from the film Convoy. Hardly any cars though.
Well what I meant was no cars, so that would be best time for trucks.

You cant start a business without the fear of loosing everything, that's called getting a job, for the council. Safe and secure, hidden away doing fuck all and justifying a wage, sick pay, holiday pay, nice pension, sickies, paternaty leave, training days, health and safety courses. Heaven forbid you might get round to putting a shift in. You dont get that working for yourself.
Now, yes. The point is it doesn't have to be that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.