Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of us actually want Aguero to leave but it's plainly obvious that he doesn't fit the way Pep wants to play.

In truth I think we need both Sanchez and Mbappe giving us 5 players for 3 positions which allowing for rotation and injuries feels about right.

On getting both Mbappe and Alexis, call me crazy but I'd rather gamble and slowly promote our own Jadon Sancho behind Sane than spending on Alexis, if we were also getting Mbappe too. If we were to do it anytime, in my opinion this is it. How is that an 18 year old Mbappe is scoring a ton of goals with Monaco in French and Champions League but we can't trust our own to be a back up and learn from the best, maybe get some minutes here and there?

There are very few players in the world with Sanchez ability and mentality. For £50m there are none available.
Will City be competitive without him ? Yes but we should be doing everything we can to bring him to the Etihad.
I really don't think City base their transfer policy on stopping our rivals. We look to sign players who will improve us.

We definitely took both into consideration initially but have lost our way somewhat in recent years. But you could easily argue the case that we didn't actually need Sterling in particular. Liverpool did.

Sanchez is not the only player City could sign for that job & nobody has put a price limit on the position.

In fact I can almost guarantee City will be linked with others in the coming weeks & people will be saying 'forget Sanchez, sign 'x' '.

If he signs fine, if he doesn't there will be others.

Mbappe would be another level, for example.

On getting both Mbappe and Alexis, call me crazy but I'd rather gamble and slowly promote our own Jadon Sancho behind Sane than spending on Alexis. If we were to do it anytime, in my opinion this is it. How is that an 18 year old Mbappe is scoring a ton of goals with Monaco in French and Champions League but we can't trust our own to be a back up and learn from the best, maybe get some minutes here and there?

That is if we were to go after both Sanchez and Mbappe.

I have no idea how good our youth players are but I trust our coaches to decide on that. Signing Sanchez doesn't threaten Sane's place in the team. It is Aguero who will go for sure.
Mbappe is looked on as a 'once in a generation' type player.
I have no idea if we are in for the 2 players mentioned but I can see that they would both fit in perfectly with the way Pep wants to play and it is this that is key.
Many of our current squad, try as they might, cannot do what Pep wants and so sadly must be replaced with others who can .

There are very few players in the world with Sanchez ability and mentality. For £50m there are none available.
Will City be competitive without him ? Yes but we should be doing everything we can to bring him to the Etihad.
I really don't think City base their transfer policy on stopping our rivals. We look to sign players who will improve us.
Completely agree. Let me also add that we should be looking to improve in every department of our team. People say attack is sorted but I really do not think so. I mean just a few years back we scored 100 plus league goals so we can surely do better. If we get a player of Sanchez quality for 50 million, we would have done ourselves a world of good. I'd rather be in a position where we are very far from opposition than being about equal with them in quality of teams, in which case they might just pip us with 1 point and win the league

Not that I want Aguero to leave but if Aguero were to leave then I'd rather go all in for an 18 year old Mbappe than a 29 year old Sanchez. Obviously I don't even consider Aguero leaving but if he were to leave I'm sure we'd receive a big fee for him so we could probably spend whatever it takes on Mbappe.

Absolutely Mbappe over Sanchez every single time, no brainier really

Monaco VP Vadim Vasilyev: "With the 2018 World Cup, Bernardo Silva, Kylian Mbappé & Thomas Lemar have decided they don't want to leave."

Well, maybe i'll have more crédit now. :)
BTW, another new for you guys : The talks with bakayoko for an extension are done. He will moove this summer at 90%, since we almost signed his succesor (tielemans).
And so, Fabinho will stay, no way they sell both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.