Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

Back four is getting better with Kompany in there, just when a ball is in the 6 yard box, we need a commanding keeper, not one that shuffles across his line like a character from Street Fighter 2. He has to come (or at least try) for balls aimed foe the 6 yard box. Be forceful, clatter into your defenders if need be.

Ref was a joke. All the Referee's need to cancel their summer holiday and spend the close season learning the game.

Losing Dave early on hampered how we were going to break the Arsenal bus down. Aguero's goal was world class!

We scored and then went into netfilx and chill mode just like Monaco ,,,,,,, win on Thursday and all is forgiven tho .
This, it happens way to many times. Happened against Chelsea recently aswel. They let periods of the games go by, they have them dire spells where they can't even make simple 5 yard balls. Again this dire spell was key to Arsenal coming back into the game. Not good enough. I see many say City deserved to win. I disagree, they got what they deserved.

Similar game to yesterday's semi, possession means fuck all if you have no one in the box to put away the chances

We were the better side throughout though , the referee robbed us of one goal and a nailed on pen , par for the course this season

Sterling never plays well as a sub for some reason but once again the full backs have cost us the game

Big changes in the summer at least , lest hope we can limp over the line for the third season running

I will quickly consign this one to history if we beat the ****s on Thursday

This season has been thoroughly disappointing,a really poor season. We gave a rag team on its knees a leg up with throwing the LC,out of the league by Christmas,out of the European cup before the clocks go forward and then today. I'd give the manager this season but I'd have serious targets for him next season. If he fails again he goes.

It was the turning point. The crucial moment. Agree harsh on Navas but he hasn't first clue about defending crosses from opposite flank. Plus a proper right back has to be talking with winger about cover. There was a breakdown somewhere.

Blame the manager, he had a perfectly good RB on the bench. One of his many baffling decisions.

Slow build up, insipid display by most our forwards/wingers, baffling subs and a soft underbelly means we got what we deserved. Nothing. Really doubting Pep. The way it's going he will need another 500 million to improve us. Or is he the root of the problem? If we finish outside top 4 would the owners throw more money at it. Serious questions need to be asked of this season from top to bottom.

Sums it up well unfortunately.

I think we need to really go for it in the transfer market this summer. We need to decide if we really have the bollocks to say we are going to aim for a title win, and a CL semi at least, plus a cup win most seasons, or if we're satisfied with battling for 4th and an occasional cup run. If it's the former, we need to spend and spend big. And more importantly, on players who will unequivocally improve our starting XI.

We all know the issues, keeper, full backs, centre mid and most of all for me a lethal forward and an upgrade on Sergio, who as daft as it sounds is 10% short of lethal.

One statistic that constantly sticks out for me (every time we play). They tried to kick us off the park in that match, and yet we finish the game with 5 yellow cards to 2. The referee basically allowed them to foul us every time we threatened to break. Ramsey must have stopped at least 5 breakaways by himself and yet he finishes the game with a perfect disciplinary record. Koscielny likewise.

Completely agree, especially with highlighting Ramsey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.