The battle for 3rd place

3rd place and possible marqueee signing like bonucci in june will give hope to fans. Pep will get rid of deadwood and city will be better.

I agree, the end of this season can't come soon enough.

Think we'll secure top 4 regardless of the result this Thursday.

Big summer for us regarding transfers, just hope we can secure our top targets. Onwards and upwards.

I think the injury to Jesus fucked this season up for us, if he could have been kept fit I suspect we would be in a much better place than we are today.

I think the injury to Jesus fucked this season up for us, if he could have been kept fit I suspect we would be in a much better place than we are today.

And Gudonghan might have had a bit more bite in midfield and the ability to move the ball quicker. I hope he can come back strong next season and add someone next to him who knows when to sit and drop in for one of the full backs.

I have add that Nolito has been a pretty big disappointment. Now, one could counter that Sane's eventual rise was the reason for Nolito's decreased minutes but even in a reduced role he has been fairly invisible and offers little off bench. I'd guess he's destined to return to Spain. Think ditto for Navas - Pep's tinkering with him in defense has been in a word - interesting. It hasn't been a disaster but simply points to the fact we have no continuity at the back and no real adequate fullbacks. Have to think that Patrick Roberts gets a shot at one of those spots. This summer's transfer plan needs to be more comprehensive than last year's as there will be many more players leaving that will need replaced.

This season can't finish soon enough for me. Such a let down.

Understand where you are coming from malg, but this season we were never going to rip up trees. Lets remember that this team's spine is ageing and has been since the days of bobby. We have blown hot and cold all season which is how i thought it would pan out. Some players proving their worth, whilst others proved they are not good enough or have declined to a stage where they are no longer at the level needed.

Was driving home and unfortunately put the car radio on to TS - it was a proper hatchet job on Pep to the point they actually said " if we asked the players privately, do they rate Pep. What do you think they would say" and also stated that he has massively underachieved.

What they failed to realise is that these same pundits were crying out that the squad needed rebuilding prior to Pep coming in, because certain players were ageing. If they thought that Pep arriving was going to suddenly change this, it wasnt

If the club back Pep this summer, then next season is when I will judge how we progress under him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.