Rate this season

Having read this thread on my way home I'm pleasantly surprised that the blinkers are off.

World class manager producing shit to summarise the thread.

Just not good enough.

Yet the players we have spunked cash on have won 2 league titles, 2 league Cups, and FA Cup and have continually qualified for the CL and managed a CL semi final.

Many are now at the end of their City careers whilst others are just starting and over the next 3/4/5 years will hopefully see a return like ive listed above.

What more do you want?

A return like you've just mentioned, hopefully with another title and FA Cup thrown in. But this season has been a huge let down for me. We've let Chelsea overtake us and Spurs. No point worrying about hindsight, we all know where we need to strengthen, but we must get it right this summer, and stop being so 'nice' with other clubs, or so principled with agents. Pay what it takes, to get what we need to make us better than Chelsea.

To people who are claiming that we spent 150mil+ and should be winning the title, keep in mind that the only 2 realistic addition to last year's squad (outfield players) have been Sane and Stones, both of whom have taken half a season to mature and put in above average or good performances. So basically Pep has churned out some really good performances with the same shit squad that we had last year, which I would consider an achievement. 7/10 for me.

Mancini's and Pellegrini's title-winning seasons were characterised with a notion generally held nationwide that when you went to The Etihad yer got beaten. Anybody turns up now and, with a little leg-up from the Whistling Wankers and a fair amount of profligacy on our part, they fancy their chances. It shouldn't be!

Seems to be a lot of truth in this, sadly. We need to get off to a good start next season to get that aura back, especially at home.

So in your view is he a shoe in for a starting place next season? Evidence from Pep suggests otherwise. Aguero is a club legend, hope he is here next season and for a few more afterwards. Do I think he will start every game, no.
name a better striker in the prem

With the players and manager that we have, this has been a poor season. There is no dressing it up. Onwards and upwards next season!

Pretty shit overall. No point sugar coating it. We all think the rags have had a shocker but we're basically running par with them.

Can you see it getting much better in one season with the changes we need to make? I can't see it personally and think it will the season after next before we see anything like the finished article.

Everyone raving about Sane, Sterling and Jesus ripping teams apart but today the two who played were invisible. They are too young to be expected to be great game in game out. The signings this summer are vital.

I honestly think 2 decent full backs and some of the injured players fit again, and we are as good as anyone in the prem. We still need huge improvement to get anywhere close in Europe tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.