Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

You're back with a flurry after a few months sabbatical.

See my first earlier post yesterday after my 'sabbatical'.
I was feeling so gloomy with our form, I wasn't even sure I wanted to travel up to Wembley (which I hate) and I stopped posting on football forums.
However, I went more in hope than eexpectation assuming you'd likely stuff us.
But we were transformed today from gutless wonders to a team that actually, to my eyes anyway, seemed to want it more.
I was boiling in the sun today behinfpd the goal but high up enough to get a pretty good view.
My observations?
First half, I thought we defended well conceding space to you and understandably you had the best of it, making some good chances but nothing too clear cut. OK, it seems Sane's cross by a few millimetres was not out and maybe the goal might otherwise have stood but we were denied a clear penalty when Sanchez was flattened in the area. Silva got injured from what looked from a distance a pretty innocent challenge.
Second half and we started well, arguably playing the better football until Ramsey annoyingly got caught faffing around on the ball, loses possession and a punt down field leads to Aguero scoring.
But we did well to keep going and I feel deserved the equaliser. After that chances were going begging for both teams.
Actually, I did think we looked better than you in the last 20 minutes. City seemed laboured playing like we normally do passing the ball around our defence.
Good tactics from Wenger to pinpoint Navas as a weakness with many diagonal passes wide left to Sanchez who had much influence down that side.
Obviously, I'm biased but I thought on balance we deserved it today and wanted it more.

I was feeling so gloomy with our form, I wasn't even sure I wanted to travel up to Wembley (which I hate) and I stopped posting on football forums.
But we were transformed today from gutless wonders to a team that actually, to my eyes anyway, seemed to want it more.
I was boiling in the sun today behinfpd the goal but high up enough to get a pretty good view.
My observations?
First half, I thought we defended well conceding space to you and understandably you had the best of it, making some good chances but nothing too clear cut. OK, it seems Sane's cross by a few millimetres was not out and maybe the goal might otherwise have stood but we were denied a clear penalty when Sanchez was flattened in the area. Silva got injured from what looked from a distance a pretty innocent challenge.
Second half and we started well, arguably playing the better football until Ramsey annoyingly got caught faffing around on the ball, loses possession and a punt down field leads to Aguero scoring.
But we did well to keep going and I feel deserved the equaliser. After that chances were going begging for both teams.
Actually, I did think we looked better than you in the last 20 minutes. City seemed laboured playing like we normally do passing the ball around our defence.
Good tactics from Wenger to pinpoint Navas as a weakness with many diagonal passes wide left to Sanchez who had much influence down that side.
Obviously, I'm biased but I thought on balance we deserved it today and wanted it more.

Please fuck off. What a nobhead

My observations?
Ah, similar to the rags of late who had 'gone off football'.

My observations?

never has phrase see what you want to see being so apt

Well the officials have done us again. Stone wall penalty waved away, perfectly good goal ruled out - time to sit the refs down live on tv to explain their shit decisions. These decisions have cost us so many points in the league and a place in the FA Cup Final. Remind me, what is Man Ure's David Gill's role in the FA again?
I have got a rag mate at work who is a top all round bloke until you start to talk football with him when he turns to an absolute buffoon. Comes out with all the usual Arab lottery/plaything, council house, BOGOFF, empty seats, no respect in world football like the Russian and Chinese clubs etc etc Anyway he said to me on Saturday that there was no way we would be Arsenal. When I questioned why he said that it will be Wenger's last trophy for Arsenal and that everyone in English football, including the FA, would like to see him go out on a high by winning the FA Cup. Obviously he went on to say that we will lose on Thursday for similar reasons, saying that Sky and BT are concerned that viewing figures have dramatically dropped since Manure have stopped winning things.
Now this man is usually full of shit, but given want we have not been given, and all them offsides they have been given I worry that he has a point.
If they score a dodgy offside goal on Thursday questions must be asked.

PS sorry for the rant but I've been drinking Fosters since 10am and have one to many.

My observations?

Thought the ref had a great game for you and had a major influence on Arsenal sponsored by Emirates reaching the fa cup final sponsored by Emirates

Dont think the players could have done much more. Legal goal ruled out, 2 off the woodwork. They chased and hassled the opposition for 90mnts. Until we learn to finish teams off when we are in the driving seat we will continue to almost win big matches. I guess 250million spent in the Summer should get us back on track.

never has phrase see what you want to see being so apt

Look, all fans see things through a prism of partisanship.

I gave you my observations from today as honestly as I could. I was there after all and didn't have the advantage of armchair viewers with slow mo replays.

My observations?
Give me a fucking break,you kicked the shit out of dave and you injured 3 of our players that they had to go off and the ref bailed you out 3 times
Go gloat somewhere else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.