Rate this season

Did I say loan them out? No mate maffeo looked the part when he's played. Let's give the lad a chance cos he won't do worse than navas.
Perhaps pep felt it might be a season too early? I do hope some of the youngsters get a chance next season but if they aren't good enough (not saying that they aren't) then there's no point playing them at all

Complete nothing of a season. They would have been better of saying Pep is using this season to experiment and therefore write it off, if we win something in the process it is a bonus. We have underachieved in all competitions and no I don't count getting beaten in today's semi final an achievement.

Sure we have been fucked over by officials but if we don't make the top four with the squad we have then this season will have been a complete mess of a disaster.

We did try to address the back four situation, we bought stones and got damn near to bringing laporte in as well but fell through at the last minute; not forgetting we attempted to pursue bonucci. The right players have to be available and we can't be necessarily sure there were suitable targets at full back position
I agree that bravo has been a let down; he did however come in with a big reputation from Spain and hasn't delivered, there's not a great deal pep can do about players who just aren't performing (other than take them out of the team which he did)

I don't agree with the notion that there weren't any possible full backs out there that we could have bought - even Spurs second string full backs in Davies and Trippier are miles better than any of ours! It's a joke how we've let that position stagnate it really is.

But fair enough mate no point going in circles on transfers - hopefully we get some decent ones this summer because two good full backs can make a huge difference to any side and crucially in one that plays in Pep football.

I don't agree with the notion that there weren't any possible full backs out there that we could have bought - even Spurs second string full backs in Davies and Trippier are miles better than any of ours! It's a joke how we've let that position stagnate it really is.

But fair enough mate no point going in circles on transfers - hopefully we get some decent ones this summer because two good full backs can make a huge difference to any side and crucially in one that plays in Pep football.
Yes the full back situation must be addressed this summer no questions asked; hopefully Pep and tixi can find a left and right back to bring in and promote maffeo and Angelino to understudy; I don't think there's a single full back out of the four there worth keeping

6/10 ... under Mancini we achieved more but this is a rebuilding project - lots of non-Pep players that he'll need to replace, but surely a coach is judged on getting the best from what you inherit?!

Totally expected with an ageing squad and a manager that does not know the league.

Give pep the tools he needs and we will be champions next year I've seen enough from the likes of Sane and Jesus to give me confidence.

It's just been an almost season throughout. We were almost in the FA Cup final but for woodwork & the linesman, we were almost in the CL Quarters (or further) but again the Aguero booking rather than penalty could've changed the 6-6 result. Against Chelsea (H), Arsenal (A), Spurs (H) & Liverpool (H) we've had big decisions incorrectly go against us that could, and probably did, cost us points.

We've had our best CB out for the season, our main purchase (Guardiola's #1 signing) in Gundogan gets an ACL injury out for the season, Jesus comes to life gets injured for most of his short season.

It feels like we've been hit with a lot of crap to deal with throughout the season that has affected how it's turned out pretty significantly.

I think you can see a plan in place, and what we want to do, and we oftentimes have played well; but we're not consistent & we've been poor in both boxes, the opposite to Chelsea.

If we get top 4 I'd give it a 6/10; was hoping for a Cup final/win & top 4 as I expected a tough transitional season, and with a bit more luck we'd have got that. If we drop out the top 4 then it'll have to be a 2 or 3/10, I mean semi of the FA Cup as the highlight would be well below our usual standards over the past few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.