Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 shots on goal with two conceded.
Not blaming him for the result as our finishing was once again the main issue but it would be nice for him to have a really world class game like Hart did; considering how much was spent on him at his age

What would you have preferred he did today? Limit your answers to what is physically possible.

I think my complaints are more over the season than if today; I didn't expect him to stop either of the two shots at him that went in but he never really does anything spectacular

You wrote "3 shots on goal with two conceded." You were suggesting he could have done more otherwise you would not have written that.

I said I didn't blame him for the defeat; don't you think it's odd how nearly every shot we concede is a goal though?

Nope. If you look at at the shots on target this season a staggeringly high amount of them are unstoppable. Our defense has dropped the ball on a lot of occasions and our midfield and attack have simply failed to do the type of pressing and ball winning that is required from a Pep team. Thus we concede goals.

"he couldn't have done anything about it, but fuck off Bravo" was the sentiment from many of the morons around me today who somehow pass as City fans.

Yes, people are thicker these days.

I think my complaints are more over the season than if today; I didn't expect him to stop either of the two shots at him that went in but he never really does anything spectacular
This.
He has been OKish since Pep brought him back and he couldn't really do anything about the Arsenal goals, that said, he never makes a top quality save.
His passing was diabolical on a number of occasions today too.
He needs to be moved on - he is a disaster.

He could have had more luck. Other than that, it's usual that those shots went in so he's not to blame.Just wished he had more luck sometimes.

This.
He has been OKish since Pep brought him back and he couldn't really do anything about the Arsenal goals, that said, he never makes a top quality save.
His passing was diabolical on a number of occasions today too.
He needs to be moved on - he is a disaster.

Agree with most of this apart from a top class goalie might have saved the first with his feet like the doughnut thief often does.
I have to ask the question how can one of the worlds alleged best coaches continue to play a goalie who can not stop shots, especially as his passing ability appears to be know where near as good as Pep tells us it is. You are correct his in saying his passing was poor today. It's hard to maintain a belief in Pep when he persists with a totally out of form Bravo. Pep is appears to be a stubborn guy, who does not learn from his mistakes. It could be his undoing. Hope not but not impressed with his showing so far.

Agree with most of this apart from a top class goalie might have saved the first with his feet like the doughnut thief often does.
I have to ask the question how can one of the worlds alleged best coaches continue to play a goalie who can not stop shots, especially as his passing ability appears to be know where near as good as Pep tells us it is. You are correct his in saying his passing was poor today. It's hard to maintain a belief in Pep when he persists with a totally out of form Bravo. Pep is appears to be a stubborn guy, who does not learn from his mistakes. It could be his undoing. Hope not but not impressed with his showing so far.
Navas getting overloaded 3 to 1 on the back stick was the biggest problem there - but yes a good keeper would stop those 1 in 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.