Are people thicker these days?

I noticed today in ASDA that macaroni cheese ready meals are now called "Mac n cheese". Presumably having to say macaroni involves a bit of effort, it's much easier to shorten it.

Last edited:
I noticed today in ASDA that macaroni cheese ready meals are now called "Mac n cheese". Presumably having to say macaroni involves a bit of effort, it much easier to shorten it.
The slow and steady demise of what is left of British culture as it succumbs to the American "commercializations über alles" mentality. Everything is a "profit centre," even branding of produce.

Is it honestly a shock to see that in a Walmart store? To be honest, I wouldn't want any ready meal from an American supermarket, so I'm not overly concerned what they choose to call it.

Kids are shit these days the boring little bastards will cut your throats to stare into a tablet like device all day. All they do is moan and try to emulate some completely useless Wanker on YouTube.

Overheard on the train yesterday "I nearly went to Uni but I'm no good at education".

Noticed a difference in society even from when I was a little kid, I'm only 24.

Everything has been sanitised over the last 15 years or so. Unfortunately, my generation of millennials are more interested in staring into a phone screen, than going out to work or bettering themselves. I started university at 22, and can honestly say I didn't know the true meaning of the word 'idiot' until I went. I think a lot of it stems from lack of human interaction from a young age, so many young people out there completing degrees in further education who can barely hold a conversation with an adult. Quite alarming, and I didn't fully realise this til I spent time at universities. A mollycoddled generation who are becoming less and less street savvy, with less and less life skills.

Education doesn't always make people more intelligent. I'd much rather spend time with older people who have less education but more people skills and reliability. However, you can look at things on the other hand like in shops and restaurants etc. General thick behaviour and lack of attentiveness is certainly becoming worse in customer facing roles, from all parts of society. Hate to say it but on the whole, this seems to be worse up north than it does down in London, as an example. I think people of my parents or grandparents age, had a sense of pride in what they did, no matter what job that was. These days you are lucky to go to the supermarket or a restaurant and come out happy with the service you just received.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.