General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early for decision from me.was going spoil my vote by drawing a penis on ballot paper but last time i did that.my vote went to the local tory

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

So, good to see the Labour party rallying around to display unity and clear direction:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-lib-dem-where-they-are-open-minded-on-brexit

I actually see this as Blair acting to achieve the Labour party getting so decimated that even Corbyn feels that he has to stand down and then they can get on with rebuilding the party in his image.

What I found disappointing - trying to genuinely look at it from a 'best for Labour perspective', was Corbyn's statement in 'fighting back'.

“On 9 June, we will either have a Labour government or a Tory one. If you want Brexit to be used to turn Britain into a low-wage tax haven, vote Tory. If you want a Britain for the many not the few after Brexit, vote Labour. The choice is clear.”

Is that all he can put forward? quoting a brief statement/shot across the bows by May, last December I think, at a time when the EU were making very bullish/anti-UK statements, that has not been repeated. It was aimed at and it served the purpose of, reminding the EU that we are not just going to be pushed around. It is not what we want but if they seek to force us into a corner through a winner takes all negotiating approach then there could be consequences because the UK will then have to look to it's own interests.

I would have expected and actually hoped for something a bit more statesman like from Corbyn.

How fucking simplistic is it to project the UK's post-Brexit strategy to be all about establishing a 'low-wage tax haven' - really desperate stuff and ignores the content of the A50 notice and also the manifesto rumours that have been recently leaked. I have seen the same posted on here - as I say desperate stuff.

The weird thing with Blair is that if you forget Iraq he was actually a great prime minister and it shows. Even though I disagree with him, at least he has a clear position that people can vote for. That ability to make a decision and ride with it is why he won elections and was elected twice, he chose a route and people agreed with him. Because he was also centrist he had views that weren't at either extreme so he was a great option unless your views were at those fringes.

With Corbyn people still do not know a single thing, every week he just protests at the Tory position but his own position remains unannounced. Why doesn't he just say he is for or against free movement and what he plans to get out of negotiations. His idea so far is to walk in and say to the EU what do you want before he knows what WE want. I get the impression he doesn't care, he just wants to impose marxist rule on the country, who cares about governing..

So fair play to Blair, I don't like what he did with Iraq nor do I agree with his position to overturn the referendum but at least he has a position that I can choose to agree or disagree with.... Corbyn just pontificates about what I should believe and that is what makes him totally unelectable, it is great that he will be gone in a couple of months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.