It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a few summers now where people have said we're gonna blow them out the water etc and then not really do so.

Like most however I'll still be on here with my fingers crossed it comes true.

Define blow them out of the water? Wiki says we spent 168 million last season. I got my dream signing in GJ so I'm not being picky this year.

Judging by our last few months we're at least 2 seasons away from being good enough to compete with the best so lets hope you are correct about him staying longer.

Also our academy isn't going to start producing if we're buying up the next generation of superstars. If we get Mbappé and Sanchez there is no room for Sancho or Brahim, it's an either or. No manager in the world is going to bring through those kids when he's trying desperately to keep 5 world class forwards happy.

You only need to look at how Barcelona's academy stream has turned off since they got world class players in every position to see that. Thiago, Grimaldo etc. are falling through the cracks because no one can justify playing kids over professionals who are already unhappy to be sharing game time. Look at Maffeo - Pep said he couldn't drop Sagna or Zabaleta for him, and those are 2 fullbacks who are definitely leaving this summer.

If we're going to go all out for the next generation of Europe's wonderkids that will be fantastic but it will mean the academy isn't important to the owner/pep.

Personally I think youngsters will get a chance next season such as Enes Unal, Patrick Roberts, Maffeo, Aleix Garcia and maybe Zinchenko, who have had good seasons. The reason why I don't think they've not been playing for us/shipped on loan is because we have too many senior members. Could you imagine how the likes of Zaba or Sagna would feel if a 19 year old was playing ahead of them. The dressing room would be unsettled. Maffeo and Garcia have shown that they can play a part this in this team, a good example being against the rags in the mickey mouse cup, Unal is banging goals in for fun and Roberts is having a good season too.

So next season I expect the youngsters mentioned above being in the team next season, as well as buying a few top quality players.

So next season I expect us to buy:
Ederson, a new right back with Maffeo as backup, Hernandez, Laporte, a new centre midfielder with Garcia as backup, possibly Isco with Zinchenko as backup and Mbappé with Roberts as back up.

Personally I think youngsters will get a chance next season such as Enes Unal, Patrick Roberts, Maffeo, Aleix Garcia and maybe Zinchenko, who have had good seasons. The reason why I don't think they've not been playing for us/shipped on loan is because we have too many senior members. Could you imagine how the likes of Zaba or Sagna would feel if a 19 year old was playing ahead of them. The dressing room would be unsettled. Maffeo and Garcia have shown that they can play a part this in this team, a good example being against the rags in the mickey mouse cup, Unal is banging goals in for fun and Roberts is having a good season too.

So next season I expect the youngsters mentioned above being in the team next season, as well as buying a few top quality players.

Ederson, a new right back with Maffeo as backup, Hernandez, Laporte, a new centre midfielder with Garcia as backup, possibly Isco with Zinchenko as backup and Mbappé with Roberts as back up.

In what world have Zinchencko or Garcia had good seasons? One's been shoved into th dutch 3rd division and the other has played about 2 hours all season.

How are Unal or Roberts going to get a chance with Sterling, Sané, Jesus, Aguero and either Mbappé and/or Sanchez ahead of them? It will be impossible to keep those 5 happy let alone give meaningful minutes to 2 kids.

I think you're being unrealistic if you think there's a chance of bringing though those kids and making the big signings everyone is talking about.

Last edited:

I dont see it personally. Isn't Pep quoted as saying he needs the first team gelled before he would start giving youth its opportunity. He is needing to rebuild the first team and personally, I dont see it being inundated with products from the academy. Maybe the following year depending on how next season shapes up.

In what world have Zinchencko or Garcia had good seasons? One's been shoved into th dutch 3rd division and the other has played about 2 hours all season.

How are Unal or Roberts going to get a chance with Sterling, Sané, Jesus, Aguero and either Mbappé and/or Sanchez ahead of them? It will be impossible to keep those 5 happy let alone give meaningful minutes to 2 kids.

I've not seen much of Zinchenko but Aleix has been good in every game that his played. As for Unal he won't be competing with Sterling or Sané because theyre wingers, so he'll most likely be competing with Jesus, Aguero (if he stays) and Mbappé which is not a bad option to have as both Mbappé and Jesus can play on the wings too. Roberts will compete with Sané and Sterling.

I dont see it personally. Isn't Pep quoted as saying he needs the first team gelled before he would start giving youth its opportunity. He is needing to rebuild the first team and personally, I dont see it being inundated with products from the academy. Maybe the following year depending on how next season shapes up.

I can't see them being in the starting line up, non of them are good enough yet but I expect them to be in the squad next season

People are so busy arguing about Kyle Walker that they seemed to have missed TH post about the "blast zone being beautiful"

To me that says something more than Kyle Walker.......no idea what but IM looking forward to finding out.

It looks like this could be our biggest transfer season yet....it will have to be good to trump the one with Silva and Yaya in it (plus Kun Kolarov, Balotelli and Boating - though he didnt work out)
If it beats that then its going to be worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.