Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

It let yaya go further fowards,our bench was awful so that was the best thing to try
i just would have thought a like for like sub, bringing on a striker would have given us a bit more going forward. that arsenal defence would have breathed a huge sigh of relief at the prospect of not having to deal with fresh legs up top

Having calmed down from the disappointment I'm seeing it a little differently having thought about it and I hope some of the overreactions by some fans yesterday are acknowledged as just that... overreaction.

Considering the squad we had available, we put the best team would could out and I don't believe we played badly nor do I think the team had much more to give... we lost one of our most creative players because of the refs inability to control the game(or corruption) they were bloody knackered come extra time, they had nothing left. As for the subs Yaya was near MOM and very nearly snatched the win before extra time(if it was any of their other keepers in goal than Cech...), moving him further up the field was probably right since when Kelechi came on he didn't really have much impact, we don't have the bench at the moment to change games like that.

i just would have thought a like for like sub, bringing on a striker would have given us a bit more going forward. that arsenal defence would have breathed a huge sigh of relief at the prospect of not having to deal with fresh legs up top
Nacho is not trusted and yaya is a big game player more likely to get a goal

Really fed up with hearing people whinge about Pep not doing the obvious thing and bringing on Nacho for Aguero.

Nacho has not performed well for ages and does not retain possession well. Perhaps Pep thought getting hold of the ball was what was needed at that point to allow us to create something. It's hardly as if Yaya, Sane, Sterling and KDB are incapable of putting the ball in the net.

Pep is not employed to just see things like the average fan or pundit.

Really fed up with hearing people whinge about Pep not doing the obvious thing and bringing on Nacho for Aguero.

Nacho has not performed well for ages and does not retain possession well. Perhaps Pep thought getting hold of the ball was what was needed at that point to allow us to create something. It's hardly as if Yaya, Sane, Sterling and KDB are incapable of putting the ball in the net.

Iheanacho did come on eventually and did nothing.

Then good luck finding someone lethal. Aguero is not the problem.
How the f*** can you say Aguero isn't lethal after that sublime finish? Do you realise how hard it is to score each and every game in the prem? Your starting to believe the crap that pep the "genius " is spouting...

Pep is employed to win football matches. Something he appears to be struggling to do lately.

How the f*** can you say Aguero isn't lethal after that sublime finish? Do you realise how hard it is to score each and every game in the prem? Your starting to believe the crap that pep the "genius " is spouting...
Think you might have read that wrong. Don't let that stop you giving the manager grief though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.