Rate this season

Scrapping with the rags for 4th place ,given they already have one Trophy and have a hand on a 2nd is a massive disappointment. We spent the early season mocking the rags -well look at us now. Jesus was the only real upside of this Season but I'm not confident he won't play him at full back with Navas in goal.

Currently a 4/10, but could drop to a 2/10 if we lose on Thursday and miss the top 4. Very disappointing but we roll with it because we are assuming this is all part of a 'grand plan'. I have my doubts though and think that Pep might not be suited to the rigours of the Premier League - his substitutions, his 'experiments', and his seeming inability to respond to changing circumstances point towards future problems.

Very poor given the resources available. A team that can play very well if everything goes its way, but goes limp against any adversity.

Proudly Pepe out since 2016.

Another disappointing season (so far).

Ever since we sacked Mancini and tried to replicate the Barca model (4-3-3, pass, pass, fucking pass) we've been boring and predictable.

The Etihad stopped being a fortress the moment Mancini left, our defence appears shambolic at times because our manager's (Pellegrini and now Pep) insist on playing to our new "philosophy" (oh how we took the piss out Van Gal at the scum for his "philosopheeeeeeee" to football, the greatest irony is that we have become that very club ourselves, we will play to our ridiculously open at the back, bordering on suicidal back passing between the goalie and defenders, slowly amble up the field and then spend the next 30 mins passing it around and finally have a shot which inevitably goes wide, philosopheeee!

Scrapping with the rags for 4th place ,given they already have one Trophy and have a hand on a 2nd is a massive disappointment. We spent the early season mocking the rags -well look at us now. Jesus was the only real upside of this Season but I'm not confident he won't play him at full back with Navas in goal.
Look on the bright side, my friend. Navas in goal is an upgrade.

Another disappointing season (so far).

Ever since we sacked Mancini and tried to replicate the Barca model (4-3-3, pass, pass, fucking pass) we've been boring and predictable.

The Etihad stopped being a fortress the moment Mancini left, our defence appears shambolic at times because our manager's (Pellegrini and now Pep) insist on playing to our new "philosophy" (oh how we took the piss out Van Gal at the scum for his "philosopheeeeeeee" to football, the greatest irony is that we have become that very club ourselves, we will play to our ridiculously open at the back, bordering on suicidal back passing between the goalie and defenders, slowly amble up the field and then spend the next 30 mins passing it around and finally have a shot which inevitably goes wide, philosopheeee!

I have to say I agree with the boring and predictable bit. We have moments on the break when we look great usually when winning easily but the rest of it is a yawn fest for me.

I had high hopes at the start of the season and they have evaporated as the season has wore on. To be honest now I don't really care where we finish.

The fact that Silva, Kompany, Toure and Aguero are still the players we look to for a moment says it all.

Started so well and dropped off.
Barca & Monaco games were best performances at home. (need one Thursday can't afford to lose)
Someone mentioned about relying on the old guard, what else do we have if they are not in.
Debruyne has dropped off, sterling just doesn't do it every week.
Sane and Jesus look quality.
Vinnie coming back.
Toure was written off unless he apologised, he was our best player yesterday.
We need 4th badly to shut critics and the rags up.
Bring in two full backs, keep Sergio and a centre half. Get rid of around 8
10 years ago we would of bit hands off to be where we are now.

A hugely disappointing season for me.

Pep has been the biggest disappointment (so shoot me!) and ultimately culpable for a potless season - criminally throwing away the League Cup at the cesspit, thereby paving the way for the rags to win it; suicidal tactics against Monaco; falling short tactically by not killing the Cup semi off when we were ahead; and weird team selections and tactics in the league that meant we were never going to challenge for the title. Very much a 4/10 for Pep - must improve dramatically!

Aligned to that Txixi for me has systematically failed at his job by not having an appropriate player replacement strategy that ensured we didn't end up in the mess we are - aging squad, poor quality backups and shocking balance in the numbers and types of players to be serious contenders for pretty much anything. How he's still in a job I don't know.

And as for Soriano - couldn't hold a candle to Garry Cooke imo.

I wonder if he will stay the course next season.

Don't get me wrong, we'll never, ever, sack him. Not after putting the entire club on hold for four years in such a manner that basically let the entire football world know that Pep Guardiola is bigger than Manchester City.

I think he might walk if things don't go brilliantly. He already looks disinterested a lot of the time. Then he will rock up at juventus , win a few titles and cups in a much easier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.