Rate this season

I wonder if he will stay the course next season.

Don't get me wrong, we'll never, ever, sack him. Not after putting the entire club on hold for four years in such a manner that basically let the entire football world know that Pep Guardiola is bigger than Manchester City.

I think he might walk if things don't go brilliantly. He already looks disinterested a lot of the time. Then he will rock up at juventus , win a few titles and cups in a much easier league.
That's my feeling as well,hope I'm totally wrong but think he has completely underestimated this league,but hasn't been helped by player recruitment or being fucked over in games...

Clearly the season has not been a great success but to all the posters who think it was a complete unmitigated disaster what would they think if we had a season like CHelseas last year?
We have more points than we did this time last year, the season has not been a great success but it has not been a complete disaster either.

Feel sorry for Pep because you cant polish turds. He's got too many substandard players he's working with. Next year will be interesting and should be better.

Before i start, i'm a huge Pep fan, he will bring us untold success in future years.

but

Pep is supposed to be the worlds best manager. Mourinho has the worse squad yet he has won a trophy already and is on course for Top 4 and success in Europe. I'd rather have long term Pep than short term Mourinho but it was Pep who got rid of a solid goalkeeper which for me has been the cause of our disappointing season. With Hart we would have had an extra 6 points minimum and be still in the title race and comfortably in the top 4. He may not be able to polish turds but he brought a turd in.

Before i start, i'm a huge Pep fan, he will bring us untold success in future years.

but

Pep is supposed to be the worlds best manager. Mourinho has the worse squad yet he has won a trophy already and is on course for Top 4 and success in Europe. I'd rather have long term Pep than short term Mourinho but it was Pep who got rid of a solid goalkeeper which for me has been the cause of our disappointing season. With Hart we would have had an extra 6 points minimum and be still in the title race and comfortably in the top 4. He may not be able to polish turds but he brought a turd in.

Sorry but I really don't buy into this blind faith that prefaces many comments that 'Pep will bring us untold success in future years'.
Its trotted out on here as gospel and anyone who questions that narrative gets jumped on pretty quick. Well I've seen plenty of false dawns over the last 50+ years,so forgive me for being a natural sceptic developed over decades of 'next season,next manager etc.
I really do hope he delivers but I have a huge question mark over him after this Season. Watching him waving his arms about at the second period of extra time (which resulted in sweet feck all) he reminds me of my slightly unhinged Latin teacher who used to carry on like that in front of a load of us wythenshawe lads who were thinking wtf is this twat on about...

Pretty shit to be honest. He'll need another couple of hundred million to try sort it out, but couldn't any manager create a successful team with a few hundred million pound investment? I know I'll probably get attacked for even asking that question but I expected a lot more from this season, people on here fooled me in to thinking pep was houdini.

Very disappointed is the best I can say , waited years for this guy to take us to next level.
He's taken us to another level alright, I've no faith in him or this team .

Pretty shit to be honest. He'll need another couple of hundred million to try sort it out, but couldn't any manager create a successful team with a few hundred million pound investment? I know I'll probably get attacked for even asking that question but I expected a lot more from this season, people on here fooled me in to thinking pep was houdini.

Simple answer, No.

City have been investing in the squad for the last 7-8 years, Chelsea for a decade, PSG have been doing it, as have United since Fergie has gone, so have RM prior to Mou arrival but barely won the league and were being KO'ed in the round of 16 in CL by Lyon like teams. Many examples of teams have some really talented players, but fail to live up to expectations.

I mean if some of you want you can have a petition and ask for Sam Allardyce and give him 500M to spend.

but

Maybe or with him you could be out of the top 4.

I don't believe Mou/United have a worse squad then what people think tbh. Especially what Mou wants from his team that squad is a little better then what Pep wants from his to actually carry out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.