Goal line technology

The point is why did the official give a decision he could not possibly see. If decisions are honest you would rarely need it.

Surely these refs are as honest as the day is long. They make mistakes, but they're 'honest' mistakes! However, I can't get my head round Oliver not giving the pen when Jimmy clattered Raheem ('honest' mistake No1), and then making a similar 'honest' mistake and not giving the pen when Gael was tackling some Dipper in the area ('honest' mistake No2). Swings and roundabouts, rough with the smooth. I just wonder, again, whether we're gonna get a go on the swings and when we might get a bit of 'smooth'? Before the end of the season would be nice!

How can a lino make a judgement in a fraction of a second and measure the line when the ball is mid air?
What is his reference point? Top of the post is the highest point .

Should be in as should offsides, no reason not to have this.

Just how it works as the goal line does by the watch vibrating. The offside would have to be video ref.

I used to be dead against video technology, always thought it takes something human away from the game. After this season, it can't come in soon enough.

The point is why did the official give a decision he could not possibly see. If decisions are honest you would rarely need it.
Got it in one!

There is such a thing as an honest mistake, but seeing things that don't occur is generally not considered one of them, especially when seeing this is things is your whole job!

The human element has failed again and again and again.

If I made a balls of my job time after time, I wouldn't fucking have one. The game is in jeapordy of becoming something of a joke, sooner the technology is introduced, the better.

The lino obviously wasn't sure so was persuaded by the Arsenal players raising their arms appealing it was out.
We see it in every game, we all did when we played.
Goal line technology needs to be expanded.

I went to see Tampa Storm v Cleveland Gladiators on Saturday in American football indoor arena game (9 a side American football)
4 times the video camera was used to determine if a touch down was successful or not. Twice it took a couple of minutes as the ref determined amongst a mass of bodies who had the last touch, which wouldn't be the case in football.
Watching the semi final on TV I knew instantly it didn't go over the line and that Aguero was tripped.... wouldn't take the ref 15 seconds to be informed the same by an official watching in a TV room and notifying the ref.
The only thing about the semi though, is every stadium would have to have a camera situated in line with the goal line.

The more technology that is used the harder it is for corruption to occur. The technology has been around for a long time now but the powers that be seem strangely reluctant to introduce it. The liner yesterday couldn't have know whether the ball was in or out so why flag at all.
Yeah, agree with this. He either guessed it or cheated tbh. Most likely the former as most of the all was out visibly out of play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.