Referees/Officials

See again your changing your point. You said no controversial decisions had gone in our favour. Plenty have been listed for you by others. Was Bravos tackle on Rooney not controversial?

They have and to suggest otherwise is blinkered. Nothing wrong with seeing things through a blue haze but if you cannot be objective it dilutes your argument which is my only point.
Bravo's tackle was controversial alright. The granny shagger had already got away with five bad tackles himself by then.

I'm not sure that really applies to linesmen. It doesnt seem to me that when they make offside decisions there's a significant imbalance in favour of the attacker.
Their training says if they don't see it they can't give it. My point is that from his position on the pitch the linesman could not possibly see the ball going out. Physically impossible. He took a wild guess. Why would he do that?

The press and Sky wanted to make the Rooney tackle controversial because that's what they do. Anybody else without an agenda to push saw it rightly as a great tackle on a player who should have been sent off himself that game.

Edit - bill proving my point right there.
Rooney made a similar tackle for England against Malta not long after. Hoddle agreed it was a fierce but fair challenge, and it didn't even make the highlights package on ITV.

Their training says if they don't see it they can't give it. My point is that from his position on the pitch the linesman could not possibly see the ball going out. Physically impossible. He took a wild guess. Why would he do that?

Their training may say that they shouldn't guess but they're often not in a perfect position to make offside decisions and they still raise their flags. If they didnt guess (perhaps better to say make a judgement call based on extensive experience) they would keep their flags down much more often.

See again your changing your point. You said no controversial decisions had gone in our favour. Plenty have been listed for you by others. Was Bravos tackle on Rooney not controversial?

They have and to suggest otherwise is blinkered. Nothing wrong with seeing things through a blue haze but if you cannot be objective it dilutes your argument which is my only point.

I'm not changing my view at all, fuck all wrong with that Bravo challenge and the only reason Sly Sports mentioned it was to deflect from other instances by the rags in the game, Rooney should have gone for pesistant fouling as should Ibra.

As for plenty listed i haven't seen any apart from the marginal Sane offside which was mm and only seen on a freeze frame image.

We'll just agree to disagree Frank as we're never going to sway each other either way. I think we can both agree that we've been shafted more than any other side and probably more than any team in 1 season ever.

bravo should gone for that. wish he had :()

You stay out of it, we know how you feel about Bravo.

Bravo's tackle was controversial alright. The granny shagger had already got away with five bad tackles himself by then.

True but that's immaterial it was a controversial/contentious decision which went in our favour.

Not that it evens it out at all as we have still been hard done by this year

I'm not changing my view at all, fuck all wrong with that Bravo challenge and the only reason Sly Sports mentioned it was to deflect from other instances by the rags in the game, Rooney should have gone for pesistant fouling as should Ibra.

As for plenty listed i haven't seen any apart from the marginal Sane offside which was mm and only seen on a freeze frame image.

We'll just agree to disagree Frank as we're never going to sway each other either way. I think we can both agree that we've been shafted more than any other side and probably more than any team in 1 season ever.

You stay out of it, we know how you feel about Bravo.

That's fair enough and overall we see it the same just arguing over a technicality.

Their training may say that they shouldn't guess but they're often not in a perfect position to make offside decisions and they still raise their flags. If they didnt guess (perhaps better to say make a judgement call based on extensive experience) they would keep their flags down much more often.
Easier to see players position on a pitch than a ball in the air relationship with a line on the ground from a non perfect position. I'm not having it. There is no excuse for making that decision. Bent. Bent. Bent.

True but that's immaterial it was a controversial/contentious decision which went in our favour.

Not that it evens it out at all as we have still been hard done by this year

Not sure it really went in our favour, had he been sent off, he would have been suspended, so you could argue that was another big decision that did not go our way!!

The press and Sky wanted to make the Rooney tackle controversial because that's what they do. Anybody else without an agenda to push saw it rightly as a great tackle on a player who should have been sent off himself that game.

Edit - bill proving my point right there.

I am not sure it was that clear cut. I think it was one which could be argued either way. But anyway it went in our favour and not worth further debating as it will only sidetrack the thread

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.